1st SAS girl: My blood and tears

1st SAS girl: My blood and tears
Sun Online
Link
A STUNNING blonde who was one of the first two girl soldiers picked for the SAS told of her battle to join the Who Dares Wins regiment yesterday.

Fitness fanatic Rachel Kelsey astonished top brass by completing gruelling endurance tests for the elite force.

But despite her “blood and tears”, Rachel and another girl recruit were pulled out of training at the last minute — as chiefs got cold feet about them joining.

Rachel said of the tough selection course, which included treks of up to 23 miles carrying full kit: “As the only women in a group of almost 200 very fit men, we stuck out like sore thumbs.
The Sun excel themselves with yet another example of outstanding journalism.

And why is she wearing dark glasses to meet Andy McNab? 8O

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Sort the headgear out mind.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Thinking about it this is a great idea. They join, they leave and a whole new ChickLit book market opens up....

Nice beret, obviously failed on dress sense.

"SAS" selection? tell the truth dear, it'll come out anyway. Still, like "spygirl" before her, I'm sure publishers will soon have her "larged up".

I personally am a big fan of the lock of hair sticking out from the beret band..... that and the Millets bergan. It is good to see accuracy and the truth won't get in the way of a story in the Sun.

The_Phantom said:
I personally am a big fan of the lock of hair sticking out from the beret band..... that and the Millets bergan. It is good to see accuracy and the truth won't get in the way of a story in the Sun.
Is that a SCOTS DG cap badge she has on? She may be good enough to join the SAS but she will never be "swifter than eagles" or "second to none".
Well done to her if she got that far but i would expect a PROFESSIONAL soldier with any amount of PRIDE, would never allow his or herself to be photographed and in a national paper in such a terrible state of dress.

And why is andy mcnab hiding his face? when he is on sky news every second day and has his pus slapped over millions of books.

mmmm is this her as well?
http://www.sfb.co.uk/cgi-bin/profile.cgi?s=169&t=1

She apparently did Selection 98-99, and was in the TA. Scum a bit slow of the mark then if its only reporting it now.

And not to rile TA guys, but that probably explains the TA stylee way she is wearing her kit!

I thought they said she was stunning?

This story has been knocking around for ages and what the hell is with the glasses? Who does she think she is ? Bit pathetic to turn up in glasses and then have your pic splashed all over a tabloid.

It's a real pity that someone who could do so much for a positive view equality within the army sells out and makes a numpty of herself.

Then again if you dance with the devil (ie: get involved with the Scum).....

This story has been knocking around for ages and what the hell is with the glasses? Who does she think she is ? Bit pathetic to turn up in glasses and then have your pic splashed all over a tabloid.

It's a real pity that someone who could do so much for a positive view equality within the army sells out and makes a numpty of herself.

Then again if you dance with the devil (ie: get involved with the Scum).....

This has to be a wind up, surely no one who had ever served would be photographed wearing their beret like that.

If there is some truth in this then well done to her, but that phot looks so wrong.

combat_barbie said:
This has to be a wind up, surely no one who had ever served would be photographed wearing their beret like that.

If there is some truth in this then well done to her, but that phot looks so wrong.
I agree well done to her if she did it, But i suspect she was a squadron clerk who got to go on the ranges as a treat!

Marks out of ten?..............

Come on most of us would with the crack of dawn