• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

1st posting removals

I'm moving to Germany (1st posting) and getting married quarters. Will I get my stuff moved to Germany or will I have to pay to move my home contents over? Im not moving until October and i'm also on leave atm, so this is why i'm asking here instead of the HIVE. Please dont post stupid comments that dont answer my question..
Unless there had been recent changes, unfortunately your first and last moves are paid for by yourself, all others in-between are paid for by the army.
Unless there had been recent changes, unfortunately your first and last moves are paid for by yourself, all others in-between are paid for by the army.
Unless you can prove that you lived with your wife before hand, and that it was not your first house together.
Your last move is paid for.

It si the first that is not generally.

Can you get a quarter at the location you are currently at? You don't even need to move in. But if you are in receipt of your Posting Order you're buggered.
Ooh, look, one question - 10 different answers. Poor lad's first posting and already there's an argument about the final move into civvy street.
Right, first of all I fuckin' hate you for getting your first posting to Germany. Brattys, Herfys, cheapo cars, booze and fags!
Second, go and see the HIVE and your admin. There are always ways of getting round the first and last move scenarios. If you're already married, the move to your training unit can be classed as your first and your move to Germany can be classed as your second move etc. When it eventually comes up, request your last posting within 50 miles of where you are going to live. You don't actually have to go to that unit but it will count as your second last posting and so on.
Bet you that you get your move to Germany paid for and stay out of those caravans on the side of the main roads.
Not really what the OP is after but...

[h=4]Eligibility to final removals[/h] If you are coming to the end of your Army career then you may be interested in a little known regulation that covers ‘Final Tour of Duty’ requests. Ordinarily, first and final house moves in the military are not paid for at public expense. However, provision does exist for paying both Disturbance Allowance (DA) and Removal of Personal Effects (RPE) at public expense for a final move providing that a request to reside in a particular area has previously been made to the appropriate Career Manager. Anyone who is due to complete their Service and receive an immediate pension (e.g. completed 22 yrs or for Officers, 16yrs reckonable service), and has completed a JPA Form F024 and submitted it to their Career Manager, may be eligible. Critically, if Career Managers are unable to meet the needs of the Service Person (i.e. by posting them within 50 miles or 90 minutes travel time of the requested area) then they may be entitled to DA and RPE for their final move. In summary, the main eligibility criteria are as follows:

  • The preferred location must be within the UK, and must be a Unit or Establishment in which an assignment exists that the claimant could fill if it were vacant
  • They are serving at a duty station more than 50 miles from a location for which they expressed a first preference
  • The Service Person is accompanied and resides in SFA or an alternative Residence at Work (RWA) address
  • Or, if single, they are a homeowner or householder
  • JPA Form F024 must be submitted during the Service Person’s penultimate assignment. For final postings more than 4 years in duration the form must be submitted and approved no later than 2 years before the end of Service
Further information on Final Tour of Duty eligibility can be found in JSP 752 Chapter 7 Section 4 (this is available on ArmyNet), or simply contact your Admin Office for more details. Given the high cost of removals these days, filling in one little form may well save you a great deal of money in the future - it’s worth a look.
Moving In / Moving Out
wrong Sluggy - you get your last move paid for, if you choose to reside overseas you get the cost of a notional move to the UK, Catterick at present.

as for the op, you can either complete your move online via the DHE website, or if unsure go to your Welfare Office they will give you guidance. Once removals arranged etc liaise with Welfare regarding staying the the welfare flat and or Hotel. Speak to your L&M Clk to arrange your ferry passage (if driving) or flights to BFG. If flying on the trooper flights there will be Garrison transport to collect you, but they will drop you at a designated stop, not to your door. Again speak to welfare regarding welfare flat and or hotel whilst your possessions are delivered in BFG.

If you incurr any costs for hotel you can get an advance on JPA, alternatively you can ask for an advance of pay on posting, but remember in both cases its a loan.

Keep all receipts for food and hotels - hotels must be booked through the system, in order to claim money back. Regarding food, if you have babies in your family dont go claiming for wagon wheel pizzasa each - you get hung.

Once in BFG you will be able to cash cheques for up to 6 weeks using the Forces exchange rate known as the FFR, in this time you will be expected to open a German account and get funds paid into it via JPA.

At present though you can get money over the counter via the forces post office, their FFR at the minute is better and the service is free, however the FPO computers are classified as being in the UK, if you use your card at the FPO then use it 20 mins later in a German bank likelihood is that your card will be cancelled as its showing up in 2 countries in the space of 20 minutes.

If travelling by car ensure you carry the necessities ie kettle, brew kit, washing kit, iron, uniform etc, removals may get delayed.
First posting and last posting are not paid for.
Not really what the OP is after but...

Moving In / Moving Out
Pretty much what I was told, luckily my first pad wasn't too far from home, although the last one was and cost me an arm and a leg. But to give an answer to the original question (I wouldn't know as the only pads I've had have been UK based) would things be any different if posted abroad though?

Edit: looks like someone knows.

Latest Threads