1st March Rifles. Kit list

Marshall12

Swinger
Hi guys.

My start date is 1st March for the Rifles, ive finally been given my kit list but its missing things, i had to ring up and ask about stuff that i knew where missing and if i needed them, like boot polish and an iron.
Heres the list ive got so far, just wondering if anyone could add to it things i may need.
thanks.
Documents:
  • passport
  • birth certificate
  • national insurance car/number
  • driving license both parts
  • qualifications
  • bank details
Kit:
  • wash bag
    • Shower gel
    • shampoo
    • shaving gel
    • razor with blades
    • tooth brush
    • tooth paste
    • 2 towels
    • 1 face flannel
    • nail clippers
    • cotton buds
    • foot powder
    • nail brush
    • clothing/washing powder - do i need this?
    • deodrant
    • hair brush
    • personal first aid kit
  • full suit - do i wear this to catterick? will they tell me?
  • 2 x civilian clothing
  • 1 x coat/jacket
  • swimming trunks - plain black?
  • flip flops
  • 7x underwear
  • 7x socks ?
  • handkerchiefs
  • Large bag/suitcase to put everything in
  • boot polish - black + brown
  • sewing kit
  • wrist watch
  • alarm clock?
  • writing pad + pens
  • 3x combo locks
  • wooden coat hangers ?
  • Electric steam iron
  • meter long, inch wide black elastic ?
Ive put some ? by some items im not sure about, that are either not listed or confuse me, eg. having to bring washing powder when it states i pay the laundry department in my first week and get take 3 bundles a week.

Also, any other marh 1st intakes?

thanks, appreciate it.

Couple of things,
1: don't wear budgie smugglers in the pool,
2: unless you have your own maid, ironing board, depending on how long you intend to stay.
3: masking tape, or equivalent, use it as a lint remover, ie fluff on kit,
4: 200 cig pkt carton + 1 decent bottle brandy/scotch for use of instructors,

Just make sure No 4 is complied with and you'll do fine.

Good luck.

RiflesChattie

Old-Salt
Marshall, when did you have selection buddy and when was your given the 1st march date? Just wondering as I am going rifles as well and am looking for general ideas of the upcoming dates. I know I wont get 1st March obviously haha

Marshall12

Swinger
I've had a very rocky application process haha
First applied back in January 2nd 2014.
Medical took ages, then I got runners knee so held it back a bit.
Selection was in August, got my start date just before Xmas.
Is apply as quick as poss and get the medical out the way, then it's your choice when you want to start etc

RiflesChattie

Old-Salt
Ah nice, I applied back in June last year and got medically deferred from selection in October (poxy ear infection). All good now though and should get a new ADSC date this week, just wanted to gage an idea at time between ADSC and P1 for rifles recently. What dates could you choose from when you was asked?

Marshall12

Swinger
i remember back when i was told my selection date, that the waiting que for the rifles was quite high, i was first told then, that i may have to wait till march haha
the quicker you do your selection, obviously the quicker you can get a spot saved in the next available start date

RiflesChattie

Old-Salt
i remember back when i was told my selection date, that the waiting que for the rifles was quite high, i was first told then, that i may have to wait till march haha
the quicker you do your selection, obviously the quicker you can get a spot saved in the next available start date
Yeah, hopefully I get a selection soon and get lucky with a June date maybe if not earlier!

Latest Threads