1st July Book Comp - Confessions of an Air Ambulance Doctor

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Auld-Yin, Jul 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

First book competition of July brings a gem of a book. A very funny and highly amusing story of a doctor working with an air-ambulance helicopter. For your chance to win a copy of this book just go to Survey Monkey and compete the entry form. The book was reviewed on ARRSE about a year ago under it's other title "You Can't Park There!".

The competition will run until Sunday 14th July.

Air Amb Dr.jpg

Original review here: You Can't Park There!

2. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

3. Auld-Yin

OK, a wee hint as only 20% are getting Q3 right. It is not that hard you just have to read the question and then look for the answer - it is not the obvious one!

4. HHH

HHH LE

Entered.

5. Yep .... just realised I got that one wrong .... so went ahead and pre-ordered the book anyway.

6. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It's not like you can't get the answer from Wikipedia

• Like Like x 1
  7. Auld-Yin

Ssssshh! Don't tell anyone!

8. Done :)

9. None of the answers to Q2 appear to fit !!!!!!

10. Auld-Yin

Well, up to now, 100% seem to have found the correct answer which fits!!!!!! (plus one !) :thumleft:

That is to Q2 - Q3 is still causing lots of people problems - as I said, it is not the obvious answer I am looking for. All will be explained at the end of the competition, when I expect quite a bit of face/palm action to take place! :biggrin:

11. HHH

HHH LE

You only have to put a tick in the box not type the whole answer into it! :)

Sent from under my pillow

12. Auld-Yin

Very popular quiz which, despite a heavy clue, only 43% got Q3 correct - more later.

The Publisher, Ebury Publishing, have very generously donated 10 copies of this book, twice the normal number. The winners of this competition, and therefore somebody with good summer reading material; are as follows:

Ss9167
    Bamboozler
    Egg Banjo
    WreckerL
    Aiden
    Alfred the great
    lumpy2
    Hairyarse2
    rebel with a cause
    hungry hippo

I will be contacting the winners through their contact email addresses for their address so I can arrange for the book to be sent to them. Respond asap please folks so I can get this one cleared - you have 2 weeks to claim your prize.

Answers:

Q1 - Dr Bleetman trained as a military doctor with the: Israeli Defence Force

Q2 - The callsign for this HEMS unit is: Helimed999

Q3 - and the one that caused all the problems, this HEMS unit operates in: West Midlands.

I said Q3 was not the obvious answer and the obvious one was London as the blurb spoke about Bleetman starting off in London. The book about Helimed 999 is set in West Midlands. 43% got this correct so it can't have been that hard! Congratulations to the 43%, shame I could not have given all of you a book.

13. Waaheyyy!! I've finally won something - perhaps this is the start of a lucky streak.

Thanks A-Y, have sent details. :)