1st Interview

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by gc22, Jul 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have got my 1st interview in a couple of days i was wondering if anybody could tell me what type of questions they ask.

2. None really, it's just stuff like have you taken drugs, what sports do you play, do you understand the policy on piercings and all that shit, it's easy mate.

3. They ask if you prefer the xbox360 to the PS3, and what you're favourite games are.

Also if you play online so they can get your gamer tag so you can be bezzers and play together on an evening.

Of course....I could be taking the piss, for a change.

Have a suprise left in your life ;)

4. Its more of a chat than an interview, just try and sound confident, ask some of your own questions and dear god look smart! Stick a suit on!

5. we were all the same going into the first interview mate you don't know what to expect but as the others are saying its just a chat really, them getting to know your family backround and so on :D

6. Polished shoes, polished shoes, polished shoes, polished shoes, polished shoes...

Intelligent conversation, awareness of current affairs (make sure you read a newspaper that hasn't got big pictures on page 3), dress smartly (suit). Think about what you would ask a potential applicant and have an answer for it. Specifically "What are your feelings concerning fighting and possibly killing others?" and "So what makes you want to join the army, then?". Don't try to wing it; prepare.

(and polish your damn shoes; it makes a huge difference)

7. DRESS SMART GOD DAMN IT

8. Agreed.

9. Wether you spit or swallow

10. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Grow up.

11. how do you become a mod?

you only got 678 posts....

12. you will go far young man :D

13. Learn abit about ranks and how long you serve for, if you dont know already. Be friendly and polite, but more importantly be honest, or theyll make you look a right donkey when you get caught out by your own cow pat.

14. My interview went mint it was probably the best 1 i have ever had. They just talked to you normally and just asked questions about family and what do you do at home and stuff.

15. So far so good then, well done fella.