1st Interview

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Bredsticz, Nov 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, have my 1st interview on Monday. Don't know what order it's meant to be but I've already done pre-adsc and passed that.

I don't know where I'll be training for my job choices though and not sure where to find out. Haven't got the right job breifs given to me :(
    What else is asked in this interview?
    Cheers :thumright:
  2. A common question is "can you use a search function"
  3. Also may help if we know your job choice..
  4. Job choices are:
    Vehicle Mechanic,
    Aircraft technician,
    Dog handler.

I do use the search but its none specific. Whole point of a forum is to ask the questions. Not just search everyone elses
  5. It's a general chat, you'll be fine.

VMs do training in Bordon, Hampshire. Air techs train in Arborfield, Berkshire.
  6. Cheers :) That is phase 2 I presume? So phase 1 is standard for all?
  7. That's phase 2. Phase 1 used to be Pirbright, I assume it's the same?
  8. Possibly different depending on where you live. North yorkshire comes to mind but not sure if that was for adsc
  9. Ok, checked it all out and pirbright is phase 1 for both reme jobs. Then it's just phase 1 of dog handler I can't seem to find now. I know phase 2 is melton mowbray
  10. Ring your recruiter and speak to them. better to look stupid now, instead of on the day. Also which region are you in?
  11. In manchester, so NW. Can never get through to recruitment office. Even when im in there n phones ringing they all ignore it :p
  12. try Join as a Regular soldier - British Army Website for the whole of the joining process, also use the role finder part of the army jobs website and then google the job that you want. Failing that PM the jobs that you are going for and i will see what i can do.
  13. I'm 27 and have my first interview after taking my barb test, numeracy and literacy tests and after I have had my initial medical. my 3 job choices are 1. Coldstream Guards
    2. Royal Artillery Gunner Crewman
    3. Household Cavalry

i've got my interview on the 8th of March and i'm pretty nervous. what do they ask you on the interview? please could anyone give me an idea of what to prepare, as i dont want to fail. any PM's would be really appreciated. many thanks.
  14. http://www.army.mod.uk/documents/general/20101118_AFCO_Interview_2.pdf

Google is my best friend.
  15. thanking you kindly rox, tis much appreciated :)