1st interview with ACA about Welbeck

Discussion in 'Officers' started by aj2608, Nov 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am going to go for my first interview with my ACA regarding Welbeck soon so what should I expect?

What will he ask me about?

Should I do any research on anything beforehand?

Thanks very much for any help
  2. Read the newspapers (quality ones) and digest as much general information as you can about current affairs.

There will be some 'hot topics' in the press that you should try and become completely familiar with, including history/background, effects on British people as well as your own views/opinions.

That should help.
  3. I think the most important questions they are going to ask you will be right at the beginning and are, why do you want to go to Welbeck, Why do you want to join the British Army, if you can speak for a few minutes on these questions and really nail them then it should make the rest of the interview easier and put you in good stead.

Think about your reasons and motivations for joining, what you can offer the offer the Army and more importantly what the Army can offer you, it would be good if you have very specific examples and make them into a coherent case and you should be fine.
  4. Make sure you research what you are interested in within the army and generally make sure you know what you are talking about as well as why you want to be an officer in the army, what you know about the college itself, and that you are determined to stick it through.

Also, they will ask you about your hobbies so make sure you can talk about them for a few minutes.
  5. Right thanks
    One more thing - Current Affairs as in situations with the Army or things like the Credit Crunch?
  6. ^ Both
    , As well as international things, eg i was asked who the prime minister of france was, as well as recent army news in the paper, a question involving what you think of the lack of equipment being the reason the commander of the SAS quit and your opinion on the mattter, so you would then be able to say you have seen that the army is now investiong 800million in armoured vehicles or something along those lines.
  7. I shouldn't worry - Welbeck isn't Welbeck anymore, it's some factory in Leicestershire....you can't even hunt there anymore since they banned it....