1st interview on friday please help

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by uk7867, Jul 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi, just wondering what kind of questions are asked? s im going for infantry and thats my only job choice.are they there to catch u out? so whatelse am i going to expect?

2. its not an interview as such. just asking if you play sprt, what your family think about you joining etc

your medical was ok then??
  3. They are not there to catch you out, each careers office wants as many recruits passing through them as possible, so as long as you look presentable (wear a suit if you have one, make sure you shave etc), bring everything that they have asked you to bring, and show them you know what you are getting yourself in for, you'll be fine.
  4. Don't worry about it.All they do is ask why you wanna join and what you're family situation is like and what you wanna aspire to do etc.It's all about you and if you love what you wanna do that much then you will know about your possible chosen regiment so they can't ask you anything you won't know!good luck fella!
  5. Had my interviews yesterday, like others have said its more of a general chat.

One thing I would say is dress smart, I turned up in my work suit and more or less the first comment out of my Sergeants mouth was "Thank god you made an effort, last bloke has a track suit on".
  6. HA!that's exactly the comment my recruitment sergeant said.must ahve been the same recruitment office.lol
  7. lol i swear to god that is so funny
  8. dont wear a turban and a puffa jacket - will put them off
  9. I turned up in a suit and tie and the recruiter just laughed and said "Oooooh look at you!"... cnut :wink:

Whole supposedly formal side of the process has been really casual, interview was just a chat and actually a really good laugh. Was given my selection dates and rail warrants and told not to worry about a second interview, top bloke.

10. Well i have an interview a week on monday (21st) been a right faff on with medical stuff and getting records to appeal, but its been done!

My recruiter has changed, so when she was going over what my job choices are, she said "my they are a bit different"

1. OPMI
    2. RMP
    3. Ammo Techy
  11. Look smart and remember your job information, myn was more like an informal chat than an interview and so was the 2nd.
  12. Long time ago but these things don't change:

Dress smartly
    Answer honestly
    Look them in the eye
  13. Were you the lanky ginger?