1st Int Corps team to complete Cambrian

Just to let you all know that the 1st full Int Corps team to complete the Cambrian Patrol finished yesterday.

Well done to the lads from 3MI! :)

What did they get; Bronze, Silver or Gold?

I met one of their lads (on the Cambrian team) on a course earlier in the year; well done Kev!!!

*edit for clarification

thenaughtyintsprite said:
That is a lie a team from 2 MI finished last year

get your facts right Sir
They did finish, but not with the full team. This year they all got round.

eSeL said:
What did they get; Bronze, Silver or Gold?

I met one of their lads (on the Cambrian team) on a course earlier in the year; well done Kev!!!
No medals unfortunately but next year hopefully there'll be some gongs.

The 2 MI team this year are just leaving and they're looking strong so should be some good news next week.

Good luck to the 2MI team!

You'll enjoy it. Make sure you've got some good gaitors!

Getting the issue jobs from stores. Going by our dry run this weekend, it's a set of fishermans waders I need.

Just had a text from my mate - he said 'don't do it it, find an excuse quick' ;)

eSeL said:
Getting the issue jobs from stores. Going by our dry run this weekend, it's a set of fishermans waders I need.

Just had a text from my mate - he said 'don't do it it, find an excuse quick' ;)
Ha ha. It does get emotional very quickly but it is enjoyable. Try and get a spare bivvy bag aswell for the river crossing.

Wench3000 said:
eSeL said:

Ha ha. It does get emotional very quickly but it is enjoyable. Try and get a spare bivvy bag aswell for the river crossing.
Not heard you for a while Wenchy! You kind of disappeared after that "Fiendsreunited" thread... :D

eSeL said:

Fishermans waders?? Get a grip of the guy that recommended you taking them along. I'd have very little confidence in him if thats his input...

It was a joke mate; we seemed to hit every swamp up Beneivenagh (sp?) this weekend, a little bit of swimming the week before the competition is always going to be good for the feet 8O

We're sticking to the list!!!

Beenaround said:
If they finished yesterday, when did they start?

Last week?
Got in the harbour area at 0300 Friday morning 0800. Finished every stand and released at 0400 on the Sunday morning. 8O

Iknowyourname said:
The 2 MI team this year are just leaving and they're looking strong so should be some good news next week.
After 1 weeks prep!

If the Corps is to take the Cambrian seriously, it must allow the entrants a decent amount of time to prepare themselves.

Yes, it's bone, but why should the Corps bother with Prep, I thought they just grabbed all the ex infantry transferees and jiffed them with everthing!