1st Class train ticket to Edinburgh for Sale. On Guard. :(

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by MrBane, Jul 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

Hi guys, don't want to seem like I'm spamming / advertising, but I was meant to go back to Scotland this weekend to see the missus and go to a function. Got spammed with weekend Guard and have had to cancel everything.

However, train ticket is still valid, and can't do nowt about it, so if anyone fancies heading home this weekend, details are:

Ebay Auction

As I say, shame to see it go to waste, so hopefully someone can make some use of it! Cheers!

2. Afraid they will pull it from eBay - apparently you aren't allowed to resell them. Hopefully you will get a sale here though.

In the same vein I've a open ticket from Manchester to London, valid for another 3 weeks or so.

3. MrBane

Not allowed to resell? That's a bit w**k.
    Don't see how they wont allow travel tickets but will allow gig tickets. *Shrugs*

Don't even know if this is the best board to put this on. Here's hoping anyway.
    Any money I get can go towards the medical costs after my missus finds out and gives me a kicking. :(

4. How's it going to work? The auction ends 36mins 8 secs after the train leaves.

5. MrBane

LOL

Well noted that man. Need to make an adjustment there methinks.

And done. The lowest it can go is 24hrs, so I've dropped the Buy It Now price to £65, which I think is about as fair as fair can be.
    So we'll see what happens.

Thanks for pointing that out!!

6. Also Friday is the 18th,bud not the 19th. You have listed the dates ahead of the actual day (Fri 19th = Sun 21st)

More haste...less speed methinks!

7. Did you get the warrant through the MoD system?

8. MrBane

Adjusted the dates.

Hah, show me one person that could get a First Class rail warrant yet still find themselves spammed for Guard. I'd be impressed.
    Rail Warrants have also been stopped after your 3rd year point. Used to get one a year until your five year point. Not any more.

This is out my own pocket, as it was meant to be a fairly romantic weekend for the two of us with all the trimmings. Not any more.
    Which I hastily add, does not mean that whoever buys it will be sitting next to my missus..... :x

9. I take it was an advance purchase. Have you checked to see what the conditions are for a refund? Sorry for stating the obvious but I'm fairly sure you can do this.

10. For £65 I'd want her knelt between my legs.

11. MrBane

Yep, not valid for a refund as it needs to be done within a week, if I recall, and I only found out about this uh, six hours ago. :D

The mood she's in with me, she probably would just to spite me. :(

12. Please post piccy of your missus,just in case.

13. MrBane

Aye, Ebay have taken them off due to the Railyway Byelaw of 1993.

What a pile of crap. :(

Anyone wants them, they're going for £40 now. Must know by 1400 today.

Cheers!

14. Try posting an ad on Gumtree. It has different pages for different cities so your ad can be better targeted.

http://www.gumtree.com/

15. MrBane

Nah, no time left now. Real shame, they've just gone to waste. :(