1p Off Beer! Cheers Mr. Osborne!

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
If you drink 1000 pints a week, you'll save a tenner.... Big deal.

That means that your "responsible drinker" 20 units per week can save 10 pence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or in my case every 1,000 pints I can save a tenner. Big fucking deal. However cancelling the beer tax escalator is a result.

Bread and circuses, bread and fucking circuses. The slimy cunts.

Just make your own.

Job jobbed.

In lieu of any meaningful support towards having a stay at home parent in the family, my frau is a dab hand now at producing pretty much everything from scratch. Good news is the heat from the cooker also warms the house, and she brings back the odd bit of wood for the front room fire from dog walking.

My blueberry bushes are packing a good yield too.

Just make your own.

Job jobbed.

In lieu of any meaningful support towards having a stay at home parent in the family, my frau is a dab hand now at producing pretty much everything from scratch. Good news is the heat from the cooker also warms the house, and she brings back the odd bit of wood for the front room fire from dog walking.

My blueberry bushes are packing a good yield too.
Felicity Kendal walt :)

Calm down, dears, although the chancellor may have taken 1p off the duty on a pint, that's not to say that the breweries/pubs will take 1p off the price.

Now I know that it works the other way around, when he puts 1p on a pint the fucking breweries/pubs have hiked the price before you can run to your local on the corner of the street for a last pint of the cheaper stuff. However, if anyone is able to evidence a single pub in the country that has reduced the price of its beer tonight I'll show my arse in (whatever has replaced) Woolworths.

A ridiculous attempt at being popular with the plebs whilst everything he touches turns to shit. He knows as much about the habits of "the man in the street" as he does about Greggs pasties the utter cock.

Calm down, dears, although the chancellor may have taken 1p off the duty on a pint, that's not to say that the breweries/pubs will take 1p off the price.

Now I know that it works the other way around, when he puts 1p on a pint the fucking breweries/pubs have hiked the price before you can run to your local on the corner of the street for a last pint of the cheaper stuff. However, if anyone is able to evidence a single pub in the country that has reduced the price of its beer tonight I'll show my arse in (whatever has replaced) Woolworths.
I think your cheeks will be covered. I saw the slimy shitcunt standing outside Downing Street on the news earlier, made me want to glass him, he did. Its like seeing someone you hate do something normal. 'Look at the cunt breathing over there, like he owns the fucking place, wanker.'

Im willing to bet everyone in who has posted so far would also be whining on here about any increase in the price of beer. It might only be 1p, but when was the last time beer tax was reduced?

Im willing to bet everyone in who has posted so far would also be whining on here about any increase in the price of beer. It might only be 1p, but when was the last time beer tax was reduced?
As said above, has anyone seen a actual 1p drop in price at the pump?

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
Since when did a pint cost you say, £2.84 or £3.13 anyway?

It's ALWAYS £3.20 / £2.90 / £4.00 / £4.10 etc

And the taxi goes up in at least 10p increments.

And the kebab at the end of the night costs anything from £3.20 for a skinny doner to £6.00 for a greasy mixed shish fat-boy variety.

...so where the hell do all the coppers in my pocket come from the morning after then?

A penny off did make a difference in my youth. Back in the fifties the Chancellor reduced the price of a pint from a shilling (5p in this new fangled money) to eleven pence (four pence ha'penny). In those days the price of a pint was standardised in the Public Bar, pubs could charge what they liked in the Saloon Bar and Lounge. Imagine, getting a pint and a penny change from a bob.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Bloody hell you're old! When I started drinking in the seventies it was 22 new pence a pint - or four shillings and fivepence in old money. 4 pints and 12 pence change from a quid. Those were the days.