19th December-3rd January

I'll be over in the UK from 19/12-3/1, and I was wondering if there were any shoots on (clays, Rifle, anything really) in the south-east during that time that I could perhaps come along to?

I'll be staying mostly at the eastern end of Berkshire.

For reference -- I am a member of the Home Office approved club (the British pistol club) and I have a visitors permit, although I won't be bringing any of my own things along.

Cheers!

You're welcome to come along and natter about Lee Enfields, etc. Rifle shooting is a bit harder - of course clubs can only now have "guests" or "Guest days" on a very limited basis and only after informing Plod weeks in advance. Do you/your club have any relationship with the NRA that would allow you to shoot on Bisley ranges as an individual?

I could probably, in principle, get the BPC to book me a range, but I don't know if they do that.

In any case, I wouldn't count as a "guest" because I am a member of a Home Office approved club -- the guest days only count for people who aren't already members of a club.

stoatman said:
In any case, I wouldn't count as a "guest" because I am a member of a Home Office approved club -- the guest days only count for people who aren't already members of a club.
Are you sure about that? I thought that one needed an FAC.

4(T) said:
You're welcome to come along and natter about Lee Enfields, etc. Rifle shooting is a bit harder - of course clubs can only now have "guests" or "Guest days" on a very limited basis and only after informing Plod weeks in advance. Do you/your club have any relationship with the NRA that would allow you to shoot on Bisley ranges as an individual?
48 hours notice required for a Guest Day, not weeks.

Beerhunter said:
stoatman said:
Are you sure about that? I thought that one needed an FAC.
I'm pretty sure that's the way it was back when I was running a club...

in any case, I have a visitors permit, which counts as an FAC

ugly

LE
If you are really bored come to sussex and we can do some shooting, targets, clays or deer. We are also having a pheasant shoot on the second of Jan!

ugly said:
If you are really bored come to sussex and we can do some shooting, targets, clays or deer. We are also having a pheasant shoot on the second of Jan!
Cheers mate -- I might take you up on your offer! I have to check with her indoors 1st, since Sussex is a good 90 minutes-2 hours away.

ugly

LE
Bring her along, beaters are always welcome!

ugly

LE
No probs, I dont travel far to clay shoots as I have a few nearby. I will be running a pheasant shoot on the second jan!

Latest Threads