Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have read 1984 a couple of times and am glad I am not the only who has seen this parallel.

nor have a few others missed Mr Orwells brilliance. To read the news translated into Goodspeak go to:  

it really is doublplusgood.

Must go the Thought Police are onto me   :-X
  2. the best example of big brother would be north korea the people there have been brainwashed and deluded they actually thought that in spite of their bad situation food. power and water etc that the rest of the world is worse off  ::)

i read 1984 when i was in school and later one maybe 2 times still thought provoking
  3. Japanese history books fail to mention either the Rape of Nanking or the horrors meted out to alied pows-history is often written buy the victors, but not always
  4. Very true, used to have arguments with the Poles when I was there about the Warsaw airlift.

The Russian history that was taught , said that Churchill abandoned the Home Army, and the brave russians tried over and over again to break through, but couldn't.

As opposed to the truth, which the Poles are now well aware of. Katyn forest was another "revisionist" history.
  5. Dzerzhinskiey

You mean he is not!! and I was going to try for a degree in "Future History" based on Tom's novels.

and because we are on ARRSE I think the qoute of Winston Churchill  that Tom Clancy uses