V

vespa

the best example of big brother would be north korea the people there have been brainwashed and deluded they actually thought that in spite of their bad situation food. power and water etc that the rest of the world is worse off  ::)

i read 1984 when i was in school and later one maybe 2 times still thought provoking

F

flash_to_bang

Japanese history books fail to mention either the Rape of Nanking or the horrors meted out to alied pows-history is often written buy the victors, but not always

Very true, used to have arguments with the Poles when I was there about the Warsaw airlift.

The Russian history that was taught , said that Churchill abandoned the Home Army, and the brave russians tried over and over again to break through, but couldn't.

As opposed to the truth, which the Poles are now well aware of. Katyn forest was another "revisionist" history.

E

ex-dvr

Dzerzhinskiey
Im just a bit p!@#$d off because I was sure that it was Tom Clancy that was influencing world events.

You mean he is not!! and I was going to try for a degree in "Future History" based on Tom's novels.

and because we are on ARRSE I think the qoute of Winston Churchill  that Tom Clancy uses
Why, you may take the most gallant sailor, the most intrepid airman or the most audacious soldier, put them at a table together - what do you get?  the Sum of All Fears

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
diehard57 Army Reserve 4
SKJOLD ARRSE: Site Issues 1
old_bloke Aviation 2