1984 draws ever closer....the bin police

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by squiffy_parsons, May 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's quite worrying that these numptyheads can do this....

LINKY

Attached Files:

2. Find the name and address of the numpty/cvnt in charge of this system…

Take it from there. :twisted:

ETA: this is the cvnt in charge of this systems email address…

michael.leaves@plymouth.gov.uk

3. Who do they think they are? What right do they have to demand to know if you have a medical condition - AND WHAT IT IS???

Does 'Mickey Mouse' count as an adult who can be legally responsible for a bin?

4. I saw a plea on the Telegraph comments section this morning. It simply said: Cross the Rubicon, Tommy Atkins. People are feeling desperate and powerless out there.

5. I don't think that 'false tits' can be viewed as a disability mate.

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Number of Adults: 22
    Number of Children: 40
    Reasons why there may be a problem moving the bin: It's surrounded by loads of other bags of rubbish.
    Reasons why the bin may not be identified: Graffiti and being hidden by bags of rubbish.
    Reasons why there is a lot more rubbish than neighbours: The neighbours are dead, so it's only bodies.
    Person with legal responsibility for Rubbish: Manager of Sainsbury's.

7. Mickey mouse is (so google reliably informs me) 80 years old. I wonder how many M Mouse and suchlike they'll find on the forms?

8. We come not to praise Gordon but to bury him... :twisted:

9. The government and local authorities seem to be working to accrue money to pay for their pensions and expenses and not for the public good. It just cannot be right that people break the criminal law and the worst they receive is a 'caution' but put the bin out at the wrong time or fill it with the 'wrong' things and the full weight of authority crashes down on the citizen.

Something is seriously wrong with the way this country is being run.

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

What the Coonsil wants to know eh? How about what I want to know...

1) Was the twunt responsible for the £10,000,000 'Black Hole' discovered in your budget last year sacked? And was he pursued through the Courts for our money?
    2) What precisely, in this context, is a Black Hole?
    3) All these Frog towns we're Twinned with? How much of our money did you spent travelling to them?
    4) How much have you spent on crap, ugly 'Civic Art' over the past 5 years?
    5) When you donated £5,000 to a Hindu wedding because it was a cultural event and they had agreed to allow the public in... how many non-Hindus attended?
    6) How do you justify nicking granite kerbstones from working class streets and laying them in posh streets?

I could go on...

11. "Do you have children in your household under three years old who use disposable nappies?"

I think this is a typo, should this not read thirty-three? Ahhh, another 9 years of swamping then!

12. Yet again, a council issues a form which violates the Human Rights Act....

Article 8, regarding right to a private life would seem to apply, making questions about numbers in your household, medical condition, choice of nappy for your child and, arguably, asking why someone might produce more rubbish than normal (define 'normal, as well) out of order. I'm sure that the council would argue that the bit in the Act about 'what is necessary to maintain public health' is the cover for this, but I suspect that most senior judges would disagree...

So, the answers to the questions, therefore, are:

1. None of your business, under Article 8 of the Human Rights Act
    1a See above
    2. See above
    3. See above
    4. See above
    5. See above
    6. No. I refuse to accept legal liability for an object which is the property of the council. (which the bin is, usually stamped somewhere about it). I therefore nominate [insert name of council chief executive]

Then send the form back.

40,000 of these later, and the council may get the point.

13. [​IMG]

WTF is that supposed to mean?

14. I think it would be quite reasonable for each housholder being asked to take legal responsibility for the bin to ask for a copy of the council's risk assesment(s) relating to the handling of their individual bin(s). I would also request an on-site visit with the individual making the site visit as part of their assesment to check they had the right bin and agree the exact location it is to be returned to.

40,000 assesments later they might get the message.

That should clear a forest or two to print all the paperwork.

15. what if your first language is not english, does this mean they will attach several forms in several languages.
    what happens if you rent
    what happens if your house sitting
    what happens if some one steals your bin
    what happens if some one burns your bin
    what happens if some one puts their rubbish in your bin and over fills it
    what happens if the bin attacks you
    what happens if the bins wheels fall off and hurt you
    what happens if you dont send the form back
    where do you send the form back
    which dept do you send it too
    what happens if you do not comply with the form

plenty of questions, where are the answers oh and yes

Article 8, regarding right to a private life would seem to apply, making questions about numbers in your household, medical condition, choice of nappy for your child and, arguably, asking why someone might produce more rubbish than normal (define 'normal, as well). I'm sure that the council would argue that the bit in the Act about 'what is necessary to maintain public health' is the cover for this, but I suspect that most senior judges would disagree...

So, the answers to the questions, therefore, are:

1. None of your business, under Article 8 of the Human Rights Act
    1a See above
    2. See above
    3. See above
    4. See above
    5. See above
    6. No. I refuse to accept legal liability for an object which is the property of the council. (which the bin is, usually stamped somewhere about it). I therefore nominate [insert name of council chief executive]

Then send the form back.

40,000 of these later, and the council may get the point.