1984 and all that.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by OldTimer, May 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With New Liarbours record of keeping data confidential , loosing discs , laptops etc etc would any one prepared to trust this so called government with any information ??
  2. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

My mind boggles when I hear the arguments for national i.d cards or other registration or forms of state interference and control. 'if you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear'. I'm sure the Jews were told that in 1937. I'm positive that the East germans were totally reassured in 1950 and that the Chinese, Burmese and Tibetans are very appreciative of the systems in their countries.
    Identity cards are not a tool against terrorism. The terrorists, the fanatics can and always will find a way around them, but compulsory identity cards, dna registration or any other database that is constructed to hold every small detail about us can only be a step on the road to totalitarinism.
    Ethnic details, religious details, sexual preferences, political beliefs, all these are required now on many forms or requests that we have to complete. We are now the most surveilled people in the world. The Stasi, the KGb or even the Dear Leaders police are envious of the amount of control that our "democratic" government has gained over us.
    Very soon more restrictions on travel, in the form of higher prices and swingeing taxes will hobble us even more, which will suit those in power.
  3. old_fat_and_hairy

would conclude therefore that despite my contempt for British politicians who loathe and despise their own electorate, this is something that is wider than anything that originates within the dark sociopathic mindset of those who reside at Westmininster!

Iolis; even though I am a paranoid paranoiac, I have long thought that the EU is merely another form of Soviet style governing. Encompass as many countries as possible, subourn their constitution, change it for one of your own design, implement power by undermining their own abilities to govern, to pass and enforce laws. Introduce your own military, and finally put the entire population under observation to ensure they obey the stupid yet draconian laws that you force feed them. Then you have an empire.
  4. It seems that the Times has stopped using single, unattributable sources - this story (and I use the word advisedly) doesn't have ANY source to it. I really do not understand how anyone can take such a story without a pinch of salt.

Just an anti government rant with no substance to it :roll:
  5. serious a subject that this is....can you imagine the poor sod that would have to sit there and read the spurious outpourings of the limp, lame and lazy (Chav's) would they have to take an NVQ in Txt Spk!!

Lord....I think the person that reads mine would need councelling....or sell them to readers wives! 8O
  6. Except the tide is turning, people are beginning to wake up to the threat, The New Liarbour Stasi have been rumbled. The question is, will Cameron give us a referendum on the EU constitution once in power? Or are the Tories merely another part of the EU soviet project?

Methinks once in power they will carry on the motion and make themselves unelectable too, just as Liarbour and the Lib Benders have.

Then I shall make my move and the EU Empire shall be swept aside!!

p.s. The Database shall be very useful for tracking down those requiring "Attitude adjustment!"
  7. Who is it rumbled by, Cad?
  8. The electorate Sven, they just haven't come round to the final step yet, but they will... because the more people I speak to, the more people have had enough.

The Tories will merely be a temporary solution until they too are outed as traitorous sleaze merchants in league with Brussels.

Then who will there be as an alternative to the pro EU parties?

Every database, every bit of anti English legislation, every unfair tax, every attack made on the spirit and very existence of our nation merely hastens the day that we will be free.

And then, I will be waiting.
  9. old_fat_and_hairy

Do you mean to the wives of the readers? Or the wives of the recipients? :wink:
  10. Just so long as You don't count this story amongst Your rumblings. After all, it isn't llike You to be all innuendo and no substance is it?
  11. old_fat_and_hairy

As The Cad says, 'you can fool some of the people all of the time...........etc' but eventually even the poor and disregarded proles like us wake up.
    There is massive disenchantment with the present government, (and before Sven asks for clarification or proof, I suggest he reads any national, local or free newspaper, or reads some of what the Labour party have been saying). Ther is little confidence in a Conservative administration and virtually none in a Liberal one. Ah yes, I hear, the Lib-Dems have now become the second party, but even that is a rather hollow victory. They only beat Labour because of the aforementioned disenchantment with an unelected and unwanted Prime Minister and his stooges. Even the BNP made substantial gains, and I daresay that if Screaming Lord Sutch had still been around, his Monster Raving loony party could have won several seats.
  12. It's started already sunshine. I was stopped at the station entrance this morning in that hotbed of terrorism in South London, Forest Hill, and had my name, address, DOB and general description of my clothes written down by a PCSO whilst the policeman in charge watched what was going on. Though they did hand me a nice leaflet explaining which section of the anti-terrorism applied - Section 44, and then let me go on my way. Of course I fit the profile, being white, well dressed, middle class etc etc. So where does that information go I wonder?
  13. Ssh! my substance is not up for debate here!...lord, how have I managed to fcuk you off now? 8O
  14. Why should you have to even speak to a PCSO?

Unless I am suspected of doing something illegal I see no reason for him to stop me going about my lawful business. Or is this all part of the enemy within's Gestapo like desire to be able to force us to answer to any minor government jobs worth, whenever such they feel like?
  15. According to Hope Not Hate, the fascist vote is down in many areas. Richard Barnbrook took only 2.9% of the first round votes in the Mayoral elections and are complaining of vote tampering - so they don't think it was that good an election.

These are their gains - Nuneaton and Bedworth (2), Rotherham (2), Amber Valley (2), Stoke-on-Trent (3), Thurrock (1), Three Rivers (1), Pendle (1) and Calderdale (1). This against three losses. They expected 40 gains and 3 London assembly seats.

Substantial gains indeed :roll: