1980s Compo menu choices..anyone got one please?

Hi All
I'm well into my second book about living/fighting on a Tank in a fictional WW3 and have just hit a snag..............I can't remember what the 4man/10 man Menu choices were in the compo packs..........haven't got a menu sheet as it was probably used to supplement the meagre supply of individual toilet paper sheets!!!
Anyway, if anyone was in during the 80s and knows what the choices were or has a copy of one of those sheets I'd be grateful if I could have a butchers at it?? I've checked various websites and they only show more 'modern' but actually less appetizing looking menus.
Thanks all
"Tankie out!!"

IIRC there was;

Cheese Possessed
Chicken Curry
Breakfast Roll that looked like ham roll that you cut up and fried.
Tinned Margarine
Babies Heads - mmmmmmmmm!
Sausages and beans
Powdered coffee and powdered tea - NOT mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Oatmeal biscuits
50 year old chocolate that was a dry as a Nuns cnut

Help me somebody!

not breakfast Roll - it was bacon grill and lovely it was too!
don't forget the screech and spangles/ boilles
chocolate plain and dark -I think there was fruit and nut as well
blue plastic salt shaker
mixed fruit pudding (mfp)

Ghoulash
Chicken in brown sauce (as it was called)
Tinned sausages
Instant mash
Beans
Chicken Curry
Tins of rice
boiled sweets

Thats all I can remember

s_n_l_r said:
Chicken Supreme
Pilchards
Red Salmon
Screech
Boiled Sweets................
I think the chicken supreme was in the Arctic rat packs, along with dried peas and boil in the bag rice. You needed lots of water to cook that one.

It's all I had for about a week during Op Corporate....took years before I'd let the Doris cook me a chickem supreme at home!

:( :( :(

Rodney2q

Menu A - chicken curry and rice ,apple flakes. Menu B-steak and kidney pudding, spaghetti in tomato sauce, apple flakes , Menu C-steak and onion casserole,beans ,fruit salad. Menu D, minced steak,mixed veg ,mixed fruit pudding :lol:

Don't forget tins of chocolate and sweets, sweets and matches, hard tack mash spud, sardines, cheese possessed, milk powder (that burnt really well), apple dumplings, stewing steak, bacon grill, beans, hamburger roll and porridge oats

DMSDAVE said:
'Mock Turtle' soup, how could anyone forget that? :)
Glad you can confirm that I didn't dream that. By chance I had a discussion with an ex-RE officer over the weekend who claims there was no such thing.

Don't forget 'airborne stew': Towards end-ex everything left over would be collected and chucked in a pot and cooked (cheese processed and all).

Oatmeal blocks! Crush 'em up and pour on boiling water, add some "Coffee Mate" and you get a porridge with a consistency of wallpaper paste that would bung you up for days!

Tiffin bars in the "Chocolate & Sweets" tin.

Corned Dog

Compo sausages

Ginger steamed pudding

Apple pudding (like babies heads, but with apple)

Chocolate steamed pudding

Mixed fruit in syrup

Didn't we also have tinned pears and peaches, or am I dreaming?

I also remember when Chicken Supreme was replaced by Chicken in Brown Sauce - the chefs commented that everything was now "brown"

Peas Possessed!

twosugarsnomilk said:
Memories flooding back,jam in a tube,cheese possessed,biscuits ard bastads,them were the days.
The new vegetarian ratpacks have jam in a tube, marmite in a tube and lucozade. I think the meat ones will have when the current stocks get chomped.

Arthur3bums said:
Hi All
I'm well into my second book about living/fighting on a Tank in a fictional WW3 and have just hit a snag..............I can't remember what the 4man/10 man Menu choices were in the compo packs..........haven't got a menu sheet as it was probably used to supplement the meagre supply of individual toilet paper sheets!!!
Anyway, if anyone was in during the 80s and knows what the choices were or has a copy of one of those sheets I'd be grateful if I could have a butchers at it?? I've checked various websites and they only show more 'modern' but actually less appetizing looking menus.
Thanks all
"Tankie out!!"
Believe it or not, I still have some boxes of 80's style compo in my shed. All the good stuff is long gone though. I will try to have a look tonight and see if any of them still have a menu sheet, altough I think it's unlikely. If I do find one I will PM you.

MTB