Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by missmoneypenny5445, Apr 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone have a link to this years pension rates (75)
  2. It normally takes a while for them to appear and I usually don't ask until May. However, just for you, Miss Moneypenny, I shall ask.

3. Cancel my last i've found them, thanks anyway
  4. Are you able to provide a link?

5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

What you have found the pension rates for 1975?
    Bit young for that aren't you?
  6. They are on the DSPSA web page under 'Whats New'
  7. Please provide a link to that page
  8. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

9. Thanks for the link, guys.

10. Just a general query on those rates. From a dumb arsed grunt whose formal School qualification consisted of a Grade 3 CSE in Pottery.

Do the figures mean for example that a Ex WO2 who completed 22 yrs in the 1990's, and was 55 after the 31st Mar 2007 would find his/her pension increased to £11776 per annum.

Is that right?
  11. No it doesn't I'm afraid.
  12. Damn, :cry:

Thanks for rapid reply FJ
  13. Jimmy, I would of expanded on that but I went off to find a thread that might help you. If you do a search of this forum for "pension at 55" then all the answers are available.

Basically your pension has increased every year by the rate of RPI, this is normally 2-4% but has been as high as 9% in the last 15 years.

You need to find these rates and add them up cumulatively, not forgetting that if you commuted your pension then you are in for a bigger increase.

If you need any help just ask as I've gone through this for a couple of others on here and just can't find the threads right now.
  14. Thanks again. I actually left in 2001 with just under 24yrs. It would be a nice pleasant pastime to watch my little nest egg grow( suddenly looking like Fagin, and rubbing mittened hands in glee).

Certainly better than watching the "other arf" struggling with the heavy shopping.