1960's travel chest, officers

I have my mothers 1960's officers travel chest or trunk, its metal and black in colour with her name rank and serial number written on the front, with her address at the time.was thinking of selling it but not 100% what the proper name for it is? Any ideas?

I have my mothers 1960's officers travel chest or trunk, its metal and black in colour with her name rank and serial number written on the front, with her address at the time.was thinking of selling it but not 100% what the proper name for it is? Any ideas?
Steamer trunk?

ugly

LE
We have a small one with a leather outer case and a cash/writing drawer layer inside. Never selling it, its a family heirloom

Do you have any pictures of the item?

The black metal trunks (about 3'x2'x1') were a Colonial Office issue, so probably the same applied to the army and other civil service bods too. Most people (Tanganyika, 50's, 60's) had much larger, brass, hide, hardwood bound bowtop chests for taking on leave. I've still got my family's, complete with British India, Union Castle, Lloyd Triestino and 'Not Needed during Passage' stickers all over it.

Is this what's meant by a travel trunk, or were these repurposed from something else?

DSC_2625 (2).jpg

DSC_2626 (2).jpg

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
The black metal chests which I saw (mostly on the dockside at Dar-es-Salaam, as well as our own two or three) were very straightforward boxes with lids, hinges and padlocks, and no inner additions. I think I still have one in my container somewhere, and will take a look.

Haven't found any dates but I know they were repurposed in Italy in 1946-7.
Had another Google & found them: C224 box for various propellant charges.
5.5" bag charges.. Bits of Depot 90 were propped up with them (hopefully sand filled!)..

The last time I recall seeing any live ones was in the bunker that used to stand at the back of the School of Ammo Dem ground.. I 'ave burned fausends of em back in the day with old Ron Cooper.. now sadly departed!

ExREME..TECH

On ROPS
On ROPs
I have a few are they worth anything?

military-storage-trunk-gorilla-box-footlockers-tough-military-storage-trunks.jpg

31 Fd Ambulance was with 8th Army in Italy.
Maria Vitali was my late friend's aunt.
Miroslav Vitali had an interesting & successful life:

Vitali, Miroslav (1914 - 1992)

I have his Virtuti Militari, awarded for his work during the Warsaw Uprising.