1917 hospital.

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by Jock the scot, Jun 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guisboro Yorkshire 1917.

Attached Files:

2. It's in my nans album, but no names on the back. Some of my family were in the army in WW1 though so could be.
    I googled the hospital and think it was a big country house taken over by the army in WW1.
    It's quite easy to google.
  3. If you can get hold of their service records you might be able to find out which one of them was in that hospital. Young lad on the left didn't keep still did he, the little bugger ;-)
  4. Love the plants!
  5. They must be wearing the blue uniforms that injured servicemen wore in those days.
  6. Just googled this photo.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Looks like the same uniforms as in the photo.
  8. Young lad will be about 100 now.
  9. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

I live and work at Guisborough hospitals and would appreciate any links or further information. The place looks like Gisborough Hall, due to the arches in the background.
  10. Relations!! That's me in the bed with the chronic priapism.
  11. Hello,
    I'm afraid I don't know too much about it. I had a girlfriend from Yorkshire and she and a couple of other people thought it was possibly Chaloner hall. I'll have to see if I've got any more photos in my family album.
    I think the Lord who owned the hall loaned it to become an auxillary hospital for the duration.
  12. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Chaloner Hall is the same as Gisborough Hall.
  13. That must be it. I didn't realize it's the same place. I've got a thread going on here about my relatives who were wounded and killed in WW1, but this photo was from the Scottish side of my family.
  14. Similar pic here IDed as Chaloner hall. Looks like the other end of the same room.
  15. Thanks for that Blyth_ spirit.