1917 hospital.

It's in my nans album, but no names on the back. Some of my family were in the army in WW1 though so could be.
I googled the hospital and think it was a big country house taken over by the army in WW1.
It's quite easy to google.

If you can get hold of their service records you might be able to find out which one of them was in that hospital. Young lad on the left didn't keep still did he, the little bugger ;-)

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
It's in my nans album, but no names on the back. Some of my family were in the army in WW1 though so could be.
I googled the hospital and think it was a big country house taken over by the army in WW1.
It's quite easy to google.
Jock

I live and work at Guisborough hospitals and would appreciate any links or further information. The place looks like Gisborough Hall, due to the arches in the background.

Jock

I live and work at Guisborough hospitals and would appreciate any links or further information. The place looks like Gisborough Hall, due to the arches in the background.
Hello,
I'm afraid I don't know too much about it. I had a girlfriend from Yorkshire and she and a couple of other people thought it was possibly Chaloner hall. I'll have to see if I've got any more photos in my family album.
I think the Lord who owned the hall loaned it to become an auxillary hospital for the duration.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Hello,
I'm afraid I don't know too much about it. I had a girlfriend from Yorkshire and she and a couple of other people thought it was possibly Chaloner hall. I'll have to see if I've got any more photos in my family album.
I think the Lord who owned the hall loaned it to become an auxillary hospital for the duration.
Chaloner Hall is the same as Gisborough Hall.

That must be it. I didn't realize it's the same place. I've got a thread going on here about my relatives who were wounded and killed in WW1, but this photo was from the Scottish side of my family.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Here is what the great hall looks like now

Attachments