19 regt ra

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Mike86, Jun 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi.

I've been thinking about joining the RA and have finally decided to apply for 19 regt
    being a jock i have my heart set on serving with a scotish regiment! What i was wondering is how long i can expect to wait between selection and phase one. If anyone can give me a rough idea i'd appreciate it! Cheers
  2. That depends on how much effort you put into selection!

A grades are allocated onto the next available intake.
    B grade are allocated 6 months before the start date
    C grades= 3 months
    D grade= try again! They will leave you waiting until 6 weeks before the intake date. (thereby allowing those with better grades to get the jobs)

So the question is, when are the next RA intakes?

Answer: October 50 odd places, November 73 places!!

So if u passed selection today with a B grade, you'll get allocated very soon!
    Pass with a C grade, u will wait till mid/end of July to get the October intake and if that's full u will wait till august to get allocated for November!
    Remember, those vacancies are being taken every time someone passed with a B grade at the moment, as it's within 6 months!

To top it off, you're joining the Gunners, not 19regt. Once your in training you'll do a posting preference, there you'll request 19regt and hopefully get it, 95% you will, but ultimately...your joining the Army and will go where your told.
  3. Thats brilliant thanks for the information.
  4. 40 Regt is also a jock regiment primarily recruiting from the lowlands of Scotland including Edinburgh and Glasgow,