19 RA Soldier KIA AFGN 01/07/07

Now confirmed

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/D...tilleryKilledInAfghanistanOnSunday1July07.htm

It is with profound sadness that the Ministry of Defence must confirm the death of a soldier from 19 Regiment Royal Artillery in southern Afghanistan today, Sunday 1 July 07.

The soldier was killed at around 0930 (local time) whilst leaving the Joint District Command and Control Centre where the Operational Mentoring and Liaison Team were training the Afghan National Army.

As the patrol was leaving the base in the town of Gereshk, Helmand province, they were engaged by small arms fire and RPGs. After the initial engagement a vehicle suffered an explosion and there were five casualties.

The injured were flown to an ISAF medical facility in Camp Bastion, and sadly, one soldier was pronounced dead on arrival.

The soldier's next of kin have been informed, and have requested a period of grace before further details are released.
RIP another hero fallen :(

Stand Down Gunner. You will be remembered

RIP. My thoughts and condolences to his family, friends and Regt.

Thoughts and prayers with all of those who are injured for a speedy recovery.

Rest in peace the fallen soldier. Sincerest feelings for the bereaved. We shall remember them. All of them.

Elsie_Tanner said:
Have just been informed that it is the husband of my friend and colleague.

Words fail me right now,

RIP
Please let her know that we share her grief and she is not alone.

RIP may the gods be kind to you.

JJ

RIP

Elsie_Tanner said:
Have just been informed that it is the husband of my friend and colleague.

Words fail me right now,

RIP
Point her in our direction.. My sincere thoughts and prayers are with her and you at this time.

RIP my brother in arms. You will never be forgotten.