• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

19 Light Brigade moving?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone on here had heard the rumour that 19 light brigade are moving at the end of next year from catterick to either scotland or northern ireland?? apparently the reme from germany are meant to be coming to catterick to replace them??

sam010185 said:
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone on here had heard the rumour that 19 light brigade are moving at the end of next year from catterick to either scotland or northern ireland?? apparently the reme from germany are meant to be coming to catterick to replace them??
The whole of the REME moving from Germany :?
Hone to Catterick to get a vehicle fixed, what a great detail :D
However some would say if the REME went nobody would notice :p

Sam, if your trying for a wind up, put some effort into your subject matter next time :wink:

This is no longer rumour it is a fact. Under FAS as of last quarter 2008 19 Light Bde will be split between locations in Northern Ireland and Scotland and 4 Armoured Bde will re-role to mechanised and move to Catterick. This info has been posted on the Army Intranet site for some time now and more recently has made its way into the public domain on the MOD website.

sam010185 said:
Sorry for what, 8O still can’t find any publication that states the REME are moving out of Germany :? :?

Maybe the REME Btn from Osnabruck :wink:

Latest Threads