18 hours in cell for discarded apple core

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, May 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It would be in the Public interest for Supt. Palmer to be taken out and shot, pour encourager les autres.
  2. Surely he should have been given a tax rebate for helping the environment?

As far as I was aware, an apple core is fully biodegradable and could even grow a tree thus stemming the bogus threat of global warming.

Outrage-o-meter is not even nudging 'slightly give a feck' due to something like this not suprising me in the least nowadays.

Unfortunately far from clean of scum bags, muggers, rapists, murderers, gang warfare, drugs or any other 'hard target' the police are frightened of dealing with.
  3. Supt Ian Palmer, of Greater Manchester Police, said: "Littering is an offence and GMP work tirelessly to ensure the streets are not only safe but also clean."

Its this kind of pathetic comment by toadying cnuts that annoys me.
  4. He no doubt briefs his bobbies to go for these types of targets because the arrest, clean up rate and result helps to keep his stats in order and makes him look like Robo-cop.
  5. If this happened to me I would now be plotting a way to start taking them out one at a time. but how to dispose of the bodies without littering the neighbourhood??
  6. But someone could have slipped and fallen - oh, it was an apple core, not a banana peel!
  7. Ah, but are the police really getting to the core of the problem?
  8. Why does it take five coppers? GMP are always bleating on about being under-resourced FFS. No wonder with that ratio. What a crock of cock. I am outraged... again. Well done plod. Another PR victory. Now you can clean up fcuking Wythenshawe, Burnage and Cheetham Hill of all its 'litter'.
  9. They found it was not only seedy but rotten.
  10. My London flat-mate is very pretty, blonde and drives a Porsche. She is stopped by police about once a fortnight. A neighbour, also very pretty and blonde, drives the biggest and fastest Evolution. She is stopped almost daily.

Neither have ever been charged with any offence.

Our finest (my son in law is one) are out there protecting us from beautiful blonde motorists, and we should be grateful.

The rapists, robbers, muggers, burglars, arsonists, terrorists, paedophiles meanwhile are free from the inconvenience of being stopped by 'our finest'.

This nonsensical situation is directly the result of ill-thought out legislation, the blind adherence to every diktat and directive emanating from the European Soviet Union and the slavish following of the farcical and fatuous creed of political correctness.

Bliar you have much to answer for - and one day you will be brought to book.
  11. Having read the Daily Wail repotage on this I think this bloke was being a bit of a c0ck to be honest.

I'm not defending this just because i'm OB but from his own admission he refused to co-operate with the PCSO (not a proper copper and renowned for their lack of communication skills) when confronted by this.

If he was so innocent then he should have refused the fixed penalty and gave his details in order to fight it in court. No-one HAS to accept a fixer, it's your right to take it to a court. I imagine the court would have thrown it out.

But instead of that believing, rightly or wrongly, that he was in the right walked off. The PCSO did what he does best (call a real police officer) and it escalated from there when the bloke refused to give his details, therefore making him arrestable. PCSO's REALLY don't have anything better to do.

He then compounded it by doing the old "Don't tell em your name pike" resulting in him being kept in before the court the following day.

I agree that getting reported for throwing an apple stump is a bit silly but I wonder if it would be such a big story if it were a chav throwing a can on the floor.

I'm not trying to defend the indefensible here, but this bloke really didn't help himself. Personally I would have asked him to pick it up, but only if it landed on the pavement the grass would have been fine, and not start waving the fixed penalties about.

edited to change descriptive of said male
  12. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Agreed he didn't help himself but do you think that because PCSOs are a) not understood, b) lack credibility and c) can't use their common that they are largely thought of as plastic and not worth engaging with? I suspect that the majority of Joe Public don't really understand what it is they do, especially when their hi-viz vests have 'Police' writ large and 'Community Support Officer' in small letters underneath. Then when you throw on their utillity belt with cuffs (in London anyway) but realise they have no power of arrest, what are people supposed to think?

Personally, I wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw them but then I'm a good little boy who has never needed the assistance of the polis but when you hear stories like the one above, I despair.
  13. I often throw apple cores in to teh hedge, they are after all bio degradable and all that.

On the other hand, if you drop them on the pavement you should be shot.
  14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

If I'd thought I was going to get a criminal record, and be slung in the cells for a bit, I'd have thrown the apple core AT the plastic bobby.