18 army dogs posioned?

Of course the real tragedy is the suffering of the animals and the loss to the public purse in the training and upkeep of.

At an Army base in Sennelager, Germany, IED-detecting dogs coming home from Afghanistan have been put down — after cramped kennels made them agitated and difficult to control.

A source said up to 30 spent weeks in tiny airless cells that were “barbaric and not fit for use”. They added: “The dogs aren’t happy and bite handlers. After so many bites they get put down.”
My bold....

Why on earth are we bringing them back instead of passing them over to the ANA?

What use would we have with so many in Germany or the UK?

Of course the real tragedy is the suffering of the animals and the loss to the public purse in the training and upkeep of.

My bold....

I'd rather shoot a dog than give it to the ANA.

My bold....

ANA (well Aghans in general) treat dogs like sh*t, the dogs would probably end up being eaten or *****ed. Plus, I have yet to see a dog that likes an Afghan.

Does it affect the flavour? Strange, wonder where Mrs BTM is going this time of night and slamming the door.....
In answer to your question, I should imagine it would affect the flavour due to the contence - but then again, certain breeds of dog do seem to not care what is put in front of them....

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

T

Taffd

In answer to your question, I should imagine it would affect the flavour due to the contence - but then again, certain breeds of dog do seem to not care what is put in front of them....

'Contence'. Is that where they can't shit?

JINGO

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Going by the words and tone used in the piece, it's the start of the end of "All Soldiers Are Heroes" phase.
Yep. It's just the start. Didn't the Sun used to champion itself as being "Behind our Boys".

According to Aunty, it was contaminated food. Three dogs died, the rest recovered fully BBC News - Army dogs died in Leicestershire from 'food poisoning'.
There is no indication of what contaminated the food according to Aunty (the investigation is ongoing) so the Sun's flea killer can be taken with a pinch of salt (as it were).

The RSPCA is jumping up and down though.
Hmm- not wanting to offend anybody, but it's a shame that no body looks into the RSPCA's antic's more closely....

Posted from the powers that be