18/40 edp help

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by jrb473, Sep 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, hope someone can give me some real help/info on this one, joined the army in 1988, left in 2004, then rejoined the army in Oct 2008, can I move the 75 pension over to 05 pension i rejoined on and would I be able to leave on the 18/40 EDP, as I'm now 41 with over 19 years service with both parts together.

2. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

Aggregate your Pension (write a nice letter to the APC) and then do one........

3. You might find that your 75 was moved over to the 05 when you re-enlisted. It may be worth looking at your re-enlistment letter from MCM Div/SPVA to see what pension scheme they gave you

4. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

You will have been re-enlisted on the AFP 05, as BIPOLAR77 alludes to, as you have two periods of service, you must write to the Pensions/Discharge cell and ask to Aggregate your pension, (join both parts together to get a full pension, otherwise when you leave hey presto no pension). However check with your Coy/Sqn Cbt HR Spec (he he), RCMO and RAOWO to just to make sure and get the address's, as I can no longer remember the MP for each section (just the important ones). Also phone up the discharge cell and check your new termination date, just in case to forstall any nasty surprises.

5. I'm fairly sure you can only "transfer in" within 12 months of joining a new pension scheme, or at least that was what I was told by SPVA after the AGC det at Ashchurch took 2 years to not action my request for info.

6. Cheers for the info, I will start with writing that letter to see what comes of that.

7. Readers will recall that some redundees got a nasty shock when they learned that AFPS 75 service which was aggregated (as opposed to transferred in under the Offer To Transfer rules) counted for pension but not for redundancy, EDP or Resettlement Grant. This is because of the definition of 'relevant service' in the EDP Order - it is silent about the service who left as AFPS 75 members and rejoined the Regular Armed Forces after 6 April 2005.

I am afraid, jrb473, that your 18 yrs for EDP started to build up when you rejoined in Oct 08.