17th Edition Wiring Regs Update

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by A_Knocker_Till_The_End, May 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. for those of us that are graced with being an electrician.

the new cse, C&G 2382 is out & available as an online assessment (GOLA)

if you have completed your C&G 2381 within the last 7 years then you can attend a one day cse with the assessment at the end, C&G 2382-20.

its a walk in the park people IF you know your way around the Regs. it is only 30 questions to be answered within an hour.

better at present to try & get it done through a civilian college, around £180 +vat for a unit to pay out, as the corps have not yet got everything in place to start filtering all the tradesmen through. (Sapper145 should back me up on this, i hope).

anyone that is interested i have some past papers & a powerpoint on the cse that i can let you have.

all the best,

laters.

2. on that one certain CoW(E) posts are being sent away for the course for 2 days as they need to be the font of the knowledge. jokingly our man being sent has signed off!! LMAO!!

3. Er nope sorry Knocker, I've been tickling away in the background! Been thrashing this one out for the past 3 months, just about finishing off negotiations for the solution to get every sparky in the Corps through an upgrade at no cost to self, gaining the C&G and without having to go away for a course. I now have to get it through the hierachy for funding. Fingers crossed everyone! :wink: However to gain the C&G you will be doing the GOLA. No paper passes for this one but if yo can read the regs you can pass the GOLA.
    Looking for a June/July run in date.

4. i stand corrected.

never paid for mine, chilwell did.

you reckon funding will come through that quickly?

all the best.

5. Keep your fingers crossed, the aim is to have to solution in place by then. When its finalised I'll put a charlie charlie 1 out here for the chosen ones to get a heads up. There will be no pretty pictures so that will keep the planties back in their sandpits. :wink:

6. Knocker,

If you can let me have a copy that would be great, I'm not doing hands on stuff, but it pays to keep the old hands in. LOL

regards

Sparky

7. check pms

8. Looks like we have finally got funding to get the ball rolling. Will confirm whats going on by COP next week.
    June/July rollout, what was I thinking! :roll:

9. You could always do it as resettlement. Did mine in May and I'll be an electrician by November (Domestic installer and part P at teh end of Oct)......flame on!!!!

10. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. lol, was that the extent of the flame?........disappointed!!!!