17 year war pension cock up

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by Madjock72, Dec 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, after reading through the old posts from way back it seem`s to me that the WPA is just here to cause his stress and heart attacks, anyhow i`ve got a bit of a problem relating to my war pension going back to 1995.
    Here is my brief history
    1995 MD was given 6-14% appealed took till 1997 and got 20% back dated to 1995. Ask for UNSUPP was told no as it was 60%..and i wasnt awarded but i could get ALSO which they gave me in dec 1997.( btw i forgot all about this which will become apparent during this epic novel :D )

Then i was awarded 30% which i appealed against and was fast tracked to a tribunal in 2001 ( yeah i know wooo go me) which awarded me 40% backdated to 1995 and 50% FROM 1996. So after 6 years of fighting i was at the end of my rope and other things started going wrong WPA crap went onto the back burner.

Ooh yeah they sent me a lump sum for MoD and another lump from the WPA which i phoned them about for 3 months saying "I think you have this all wrong" to which the reply was "Its your money sir we dont make mistakes here a letter to prove it". Roll on 3 months with a letter demanding full payment back :shock: which got answered back with some help from my welfare officer "Nope", the reply was ok then "Ok sorry to bother you".
    Present Day-ish The wife was reading a topic on moneysavingexpert which showed a doc from pre2008 that showed UNSUPP was 20% pre 1997. We both said i got backdated in 2001 why wasnt i given information about this after the tribunal in past information. So i contacted WPA and was told we dont invite claims..my reply was yeah but how can i claim if i dont have the information to hand??? Was told that someone would phone me straight back. Which they did and she didnt have a clue and told me UNSUPP has always been 60%..ok... so your doc are wrong then...I`ll get someone to phone you back from the customer complaints team in 24hrs.

Bugger that contacted my welfare officer as i was in the process of a deterioration claim as my condition has been getting worse and spreading through my body (btw still waiting 7 months on plus a ATOS polish doctor interview and me scottish... language barrier much, most of the time she kept nodding her head). He thinks i`ve got a chance of getting this taken up, ok lets do it nothing to lose etc....this was in start of october.

Letter came thursday 28th nov saying that after contacting there legal team WPA acted fairly after reviewing all case notes thoroughly there is documentary evidence to show that you knew about things in 1995 from your appeal in 2001( im on enough painkillers too taken down an elephant but carry on). Also stats i didnt get UNSUPP because i was employed (WHAT WHEN HUH) plus the letter didnt mention my appeal back dated and the letter stated i had a 20% pension... nearly had a heart attack

So i phoned the person on the letter and he told me basically im stupid blah blah let him have his say. Then told him all your info is wrong im on 50% since 96, was told by him im wrong (rolleyes) plus i pointed out ive been on IB long term since 95 cause i only got a 6-14% award back in the day that i havnt worked hence why im on IB. Was told he would get my case notes out and tell me i was wrong...ok roll on 1hr...

It started like this "Well you see im very sorry i should never have sent you that letter as i didnt do my job properly ( i nearly fainted) plus it looks like on your UNSUPP there is a problem which will need to be looked over by our legal team then handed to the head of the WPA, as that seem`s to be have processed wrong since it states on your form you havnt worked in over 2yrs in 1997. It should have went through plus the back dated tribunal should have activated it in 2001 never mind in 1997" he said sorry 10 times in under 5mins.

Im expecting the next letter to say "This is all a dream and it never happened. Regards WPA"

Story to continue.....

2. Dig your heels in. Take no prisoners.

I got my P 45 today. I might frame it.

Seriously, take no shit.

EScotia will be along soon. You'll be reet.

3. Yeah got my p45 last month then ESA interview while on ketamine and bashing things with my wheelchair plus telling the man if im not getting paid after 1yr im buggered if im going to jump through thier hoops for bugger all. Then the fentanol kicked in after that :D Got pushed to the disability adviser saying paid work or volunteer work, so i said well paid work would be nice since its been a longtime .. to which was replied "I can see your scottish with deep pockets then" the wife was with me as well.... hint of racist DSS twat was high on the radar.

Yeah no prisoners no surrender

4. Keep hold of our hands. We'll talk you through it. Trust us.

5. lol cheers Snail

6. Call me Dale.

These ******* know I am a force to be reckoned witb.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

does this mean you can finally go home without being an outcast then?

8. On Ketamine? Wow, you must be as strong as a horse!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

10. If durring this long period of time you want unsupp back dated for you where getting IB or ESA you wont get all the unsupp as they overlap, I think ? someone will know better I am sure.

When my unsupp kicked in they cut my IB to £32 a week (serps part) and when I move to esa that too will stop, so they tell me.

11. Yeah dave they overlap and I would just drop my ESA claim, its a pain in the arse with no benefits.

• Like Like x 1
  12. quick update
    Didnt get the answers i was looking for from the SPVA , aye shock horror so i tried a different tactic with the VA/PC and tried to find a bit of help from this source..... yeah you know how the story goes brick wall/dead end no fecking hope, until i went to the contact us section and went on the map selected my area ( it has now been taken off the website, she was really pissed off )and found a direct phone line that some webmaster retard added.
    Spoke to the lady on the other end of the phone line and after helping her find how i got her number and her explaining how she was going to cut someone`s balls off etc etc... she did help me out and listened to what has happened with the tom fuckery that is the SPVA and she told leave it too me and someone will contact you asap. No word of a lie phone rings 1hr later from some member of the team to explain there latest bullshit.
    I asked what procedures are in place and what is now happening... Well she did say she can send out a document that explains what the process is but i did tell her that really didnt answer my question now did it.
    It seem`s my case is making peoples arse flap and it has been around the whole office into a few other offices too see if they can pick holes in the case ( no they ******* cant and they are up shit creek ), then i pointed out that they are not following there own complaints guidelines which clearly sets out what to do next.... phone goes silent..... then a voice comes back with "If you would like to get a copy of the complaints procedures".

Well lucky for me ive added a new app to my phone which records all this and ive placed it in folder with the other phone calls and scanned letters incase theres goes missing :D , my welfare bloke did phone me back up and laughed with the comment " Yeah someone at norcross is at this moment banging thier head against many a wall wondering wtf to do with this cock up"

We have high odds in my house that the records will disappear/lost in transit or fall into a bin and be burned, but happy christmas and happy new year to you all.