17 Year old soldier missing-Floods

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by The_IRON, Jun 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anybody have any information on where the 17 year old soldier missing due to the floods is from. Is it AFC Harrogate or from ITC Catterick?

The reason Im asking is my son (17)is currently at AFC and his company (Peninsula) are on a battle camp exercise. Im still serving and dont want to be phoning the guardroom just incase they are dealing with the incident so any links to situation with flooding would be appreciated.
    I also realise NO news is GOOD news and hope who ever the lad is will be found safe and well, but admit to be a bit nervey at the mo.

Cheers in anticipation of any help.
  2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I hope this lad is found quickly, though I don't have any more info than the following:

3. Let's hope the lad is found quickly and safe.
  4. Cheers for that link P_T_P still not sure if its my lads lot from AFC or if its lads from ITC as Im not sure where his exercise is taking place. As I said no knock on the door so hopefully not my lad but a bit worrying for missus and Im sure for a few other parents.
  5. SMRT- top bunch of blokes, very skilled at least we know theres good guys on the ground looking for our lad
  6. It seems the lad is from ITC on the 24 week long infantry course..so rules your lad out...
  7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Just spoken to the police and the information is that the lad is in the Infantry Training Battalion from Catterick.

For anyone who is concerned, you could try the following numbers:

North Yorkshire Police: 0845 60 60 247 or international: +44 (0) 1904 618990

Failing that, contact the unit directly.

They haven't found the lad at this time.
  8. Having just driven up the traffic-infested A1 i can at least offer you some small words in the guise that they have both Coastguard and RAC Choppers out looking for the lad.
  9. Thanks for that info BIPED a very quiet sigh of relief for my family (hopefully that statement isnt treated with contempt) But now hopefully some good news for the lads family and he is found safe and well. As other posts say it sounds like there are some very good teams out there and fingers crossed for some good news.
  10. The_IRON any-one who would treat with contempt your relief that your son is not likely to be involved is a first class w***er and doesn't deserve the time of day IMO. We all think of our own loved ones first it is natural and doesn't mean you are uncaring or thoughtless to the feelings of the poor parents who have had the knock at the door.
    Glad your son is safe and praying the lad is found well
  11. Well said.
  12. Aye, good luck to the lad.
  13. I fear this is going to end badly. BBC news have just stated the young lads family have been told to expect the worst. I hope they are wrong.
  14. I fear the worst, l hope l'm wrong and the chap is alright!