17 Sep 2006 - Alton Towers

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by PompeySailor, Jul 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mentioned somewhere else already.

Surely it's been booked for a private function, so there's really nothing to discuss. Do you want to discuss why you can't get into every other private function that people hold every day, a wedding reception for people you don't know perhaps?
  2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Discuss what? 'Corporate group block book Alton Towers: Non Muslims welcome but be advised there will be no alcohol sold'?

Can't see the problem. Sorry.

EDIT: Damn you, Rowums and your simultaneous posting ways :D
  3. When they rant on about how they feel segragated and isolated, it makes it an issue. Do Catholics demand that Alton Towers only serves fish on a Friday? Do they bollocks. And many Muslims are not as strict as they like to make out (not when the Imams are not watching, anyway).

Suppose the Muslim Fun Association bought up all the England tickets for a match in a Muslim-faith based area? If they want to integrate, then this is not the way to be doing it. Yes, it will cause outrage, and the right will have a free cause to jump on, but surely it would have been easier to have had a "Muslim-modified" day at Alton Towers where it was open to all, as usual, but certain restrictions were put in place for the rest of the visitors with an explanation of why they were doing it.

Wrong, on lots of counts, but mainly because it's a terrible own goal for the moderates who champion integration.
  4. Would a Jewish wedding party expect the venue that holds their reception to prepare cosher (er, spelling?) food. I think they would.
  5. Kosher my Boy!!! :D
  6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Right. I'll say it slower this time as it clearly didn't penetrate the first time. Non Muslims can rock up if they wish. Just don't expect booze (not my idea of a good day out but there you go)

One would imagine that, should they wish, The National Association of Salmon Fishers could book the place and insist that only salmon was served.

Not awfully difficult is it?
  7. Couldn't go anyway.

Got an appointment at the chiropodist.
  8. Time to use the nuclear detterent, I never did like the Midlands.

So are non-muslims or the infidels allowed to go there? Can we bring ham sandwhiches?
  9. As far as I've read it's a Muslim group who have booked a day out for themselves and their families. A: I'm pleased they are going about their normal daily lives and enjoying themselves and B: It's nice that fellow ARRSEers attitudes are healthy towards this. Hurraaaaaaah!
  10. we could go and spike the coke machine and tie bacon to the rides
  11. although theres going to be a gay only day at alton tyres as well
    would be a shame if they double booked :twisted:
  12. This isn't a joke; it is a victory for terrorism

The sole aim of Al-Qaeda and all other Islamic terrorist groups is to enforce Sharia law worldwide.

Alton Towers has therefore conceded to terrorism through aiding and abetting its tyrannical blackmail by forcing all visitors to adhere to undemocratic rules.

The worst factor here is the family that had booked rooms at thje Hotel for a wedding weeks before the Islamic Day had been arranged. Alton Towers has ordered them to adhere to Islamic dress in order not to offend the Moslems. How can a Christian wedding adhere to these laws; and why should they? This is actually deliberate double-booking by Alto Towers with the intent to defraud the wedding party by forcing it to cancel without reimbursement.

Alton Towers is therefore clearly guilty of two criminal offences:-

- deliberate criminal fraud

- constructive terrorism
  13. Now, just a minute.

I don't have a problem with muslims block-booking Alton Towers, they're entitled to have as much fun as anybody else. Admittedly, I could foresee a problem if the place had been booked by christians and their dress code stated bikinis for women - doubtless somebody would complain that it discriminated against muslims and no doubt that complaint would be upheld.

But that's not the point of my post.

Under Sharia Law, I understand that there's a ruling that a muslim can't be in debt, or can't be obliged to pay interest on a loan, or something along those lines. Hence the current spate of banks coming up with Sharia-compliant mortgages.

AND YET Islamic Leisure Limited, the company that's organising the event, accepts payment by credit card (all major cards accepted). Now if there's so much hassle over getting a Sharia-compliant mortgage, shouldn't there be a similar fuss about Sharia-compliant credit cards. Is there such a thing? And if so, why don't Islamic Leisure only accept this type?

Or is there a financial benefit to Sharia-compliant mortgages in comparison with infidel mortgages? Somebody must be making a profit out of them, and if the banks make a smaller profit on the Sharia-compliant mortgages (just a suggestion as I don't know), do they make up the shortfall by adjusting the profit on the infidel mortgages?

One little thing leads to another and opens a can of worms. (Maybe).