17 port and maritime

Discussion in 'RLC' started by jaydee85, May 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I have searched the web but can't seem to find much information relating to this regiment, is there anyone out there who would be able to give some advice?

thanks in advance!
  2. Your welcome
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Can't help you really but there was a thread a while back about the Shipwrights role that had a few comments on experiences of being posted to the Regt. Seemed positive. Perhaps have a search.

Sent via Heliograph from the Jebel Birkenhead
  4. 17 sport and pastime, top posting, (I was there in the 80's, sports afternoons were spent sea fishing) a seaman navigator trade with no ships...seems a no-brainer to me.
  5. Isn't that unit part of the RLC? If so, as long as you can rap, skive off BCFT's and count to ten you should be fine.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. BCFT? You must think the RLC is some kind of machine.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Sorry FS, but your facts are wrong......only need to count to 5.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for that post stinker! although I have already checked it all out, still does not answer my questions in much detail.

I'm looking for any serving or ex 17 P&M out there who could help.

9. A cousin of mine from Southampton married a lad from 17 PMT. I have been on the camp, as my unit's vehicles left from there to go to Bosnia in 1996. That's all I know about em, mate.
  10. Well going along the line of how your question is being answered, i went there on 4 occasions to help pull dead fuel tankers off RoRo ships, did 2 COT demos there and did a 1 week Powerboat course, which was good but had to wear bloody drysuits all week when it was roasting but apart from that, cant help you.
  11. I spent over seven years ther and still don't know what the **** the plastic sailors do!!!
  12. Count to 5 you say? Well thats me fucked! I get all confused after potato.
    • Like Like x 1