17 Liabour members face the beak for voterigging

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Mar 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the BBC News website:

Perhaps some interim control orders could be imposed on these Labour activists to prevent them having anything to do with the forthcoming election. After all, "reasonable suspicion" is all that is required and I would term vote rigging as an attempt to subvert the democratic process, and therefore terrorist-related. :twisted:

2. This was almost an inevitability with the postal voting system. And this is only the provable abuse. The undetectable abuse takes place in large families (usually asian) , where the patriarch gets the whole family round to cast their vote in his presence and for whom he decides. It is reckoned that one ,man can control up to 100 votes this way.

I'm not anti-asian or in any way BNP-sympathetic, but if you look at the names of the Councillors accused of ballot-rigging, they all come from the asian community and represent areas with a large asian population.

3. Tribal loyalty?? or am i just a cynic? :?

4. It is A_S , and loyalties by marriage etc.

No it's not anti boothroyd, I made the same points last year?

Only 17 , this must be the first batch, they'll be dobbing each other in like b astards now.

5. From Arbuthnot thru the pantheon of names to Zeal, an Englishmans word was once his bond [In the general scheme of things]. A general erosion of integrity has gradually permeated our society which is now due I feel IMHO, in no uncertain part to the multicultural make of of the Mother Countrie's society. [One of the reasons I live abroad now is that conversely I feel more 'British' - quite apart from the fact that I said I would leave if ever Labour came to power - and I did!]