17 In march

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Desborough, Jan 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. While i was looking for a few links for a user :) i come accross some things myself.

I will be well into 17 and a half when i join, Do i join as a junior or not, Because i noticed as a junior your there traning for like 24 weeks.,

And the normal 17+ is 14 weeks,?

Thanks,
    Andrew :p

2. Age is not an issue - you can join the Army via Standard Entry from 16+, and Junior Entry 16-17.1 ;)

3. Jarrod,.

Which English language would that be,?

4. Welsh.. His name is Jarrod ;)

5. Well im not that good at english too be honest I just dont like using slang like "u" and basic "txt" Format.:)

6. Don't blame you.. u isn't part of the English language anyway..

Has anyone encountered someone that says 1nce.. DUH!

7. Can't fault you there I suppose, good drills.

[nowah] punctuation needs a bit of work though! [/nowah]

8. Well i havnt come across that one before, What the hell does it mean :?

9. Maybe we should have a punctuation and grammar forum board, and everyone could discuss it to their heart's content... ;)

10. Hahah,

Mabye,

And thanks Bradders for the info.

Does it mean i can join, and miss the 24 weeks basic training. Meaning i do the 14 weeks instead :?

11. Standards man, standards! Are you suggesting that the rest of the forum are left to their own devices, to butcher and malign the Queen's English?

Go run yourself a cold bath, sah, before you completely take leave of your senses!

12. You do not have to go via the Junior Entry option - you can go via the Standard Entry option open to anyone 16+ :)

13. Bradders- So do i have to just mention it to my Recruiting Officer?

14. Yes, you would just say to your Recruiting Sgt - ''I don't want to go Junior Entry...'' LoL ;)

15. And your not taking the biscuit with this..... :?