16th Regiment Artillery

My man is hoping to join the 16th Regiment Royal Artillery, he had a chat with our local AFCO and they said it's extremly hard to get into as its the best in the best regiment in the country. If anything has spurred him on even more. He cant wait to have a go at one of those guns with a moving head thing on the top. We saw one at an air show and I could see the moment he saw it he fell in love with it. Which I think is fantastic to have such a good interest in your job.

Must be a Waaah!

Ah juss lurve flying those thar tanks

WILL CLEAN BOOTS FOR CASH!!!

Hmmm.... A wind up me thinks. 16RA, currently equipped with Rapier FSC. Possibly the least sophisticated Regiment within the Royal Regiment as most of the Gunners are mad Jocks and the officers tend to be rather 'nerdish' and amongst the most 'corps like' of any of the fellows of the Royal Regiment.

And I am speaking as a former cloudpuncher (22RA, so bad they disbanded it) and a steam gunner (4RA).

Little_Timmy said:
...and they said it's extremly hard to get into as its the best in the best regiment in the country...
Probably the most amusing thing I'll see in print this year.

He cant wait to have a go at one of those guns with a moving head thing on the top.
Probably the second most amusing thing I'll see in print this year.

Dread said:
Hmmm.... A wind up me thinks. 16RA, currently equipped with Rapier FSC. Possibly the least sophisticated Regiment within the Royal Regiment as most of the Gunners are mad Jocks and the officers tend to be rather 'nerdish' and amongst the most 'corps like' of any of the fellows of the Royal Regiment.

And I am speaking as a former cloudpuncher (22RA, so bad they disbanded it) and a steam gunner (4RA).[/quote

im ex 16 and im not a mad jock!! altho the rapier of the 80s was a pile of junk and can only be described as a cold war bluff! as for the ruperts!! same as any ruperts any where! arse up, head down! and tally ho!!]

there are all kinds of civil servents! some might say the grim reaper is one.