16 year old Turkish girl buried alive

Well Britain is in the EC and we had Fred West.

What kind of stinking animal could do that to his own kid,

midnight said:
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1147823.html

Have deleted my own comments as I´m fcuking disgusted that the US and GB want Turkey in the EEC!
It was a murder. Hardly Turkish government law / policy.

Fair point eod and I would suggest both are extreme examples, however is it not more to do with the fact she talks to lads and so the family felt she should be punished that is the issue.

We can't even control our own ignorant types that carry out similar acts of barbarity in the UK.

Honour killings still happen at home amongst the Asian populous along with African style witchcraft. Perhaps we should, on these grounds, petition the EEC to kick us out?

This is an isolated incident (hopefully) of one extremely nutbar family within Turkey taking their faith and it's (im)moral code to the absolute limits of ridiculousness.

Given that it's SE Turkey - is that not Kurdish / PKK territory?

midnight said:
leveller said:
Austria had Fritzel, so Turkey should fit right in, in the EU.
Fritzel didn´t literally bury his daughter he kept her captive and repeatedly raped her,still a monster though.
Fred West raped and killed his, ok she was dead when burried. Every country has its weirdo's, Turkey is no different.

Adam(KOS) said:
midnight said:
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1147823.html

Have deleted my own comments as I´m fcuking disgusted that the US and GB want Turkey in the EEC!
It was a murder. Hardly Turkish government law / policy.
Not saying it was,It´s just that so-called honour killings are spreading over to Germany where there´s 3 million Turks,and funnily enough Germany is blocking Turkey´s entry to the EEC strongly.A German judge has just sentenced a father to life imprisonment for inciting his son to kill his daughter,normally the youngest son does the killing to get a lighter sentence.Seems that the judges are getting wise to the trick!

Ursus.Maritimus said:
This is an isolated incident (hopefully) of one extremely nutbar family within Turkey taking their faith and it's (im)moral code to the absolute limits of ridiculousness.

It's of mixed ethnicity tbh but it has the hallmarks of Kurdish as they are generally the poorer class from remoter villages. A pecking order does exist in Turkey.

Generalisation are dangerous I know but there is a trend in that region.

BrandySoured said:
We can't even control our own ignorant types that carry out similar acts of barbarity in the UK.

Honour killings still happen at home amongst the Asian populous along with African style witchcraft. Perhaps we should, on these grounds, petition the EEC to kick us out?
Excellent idea. I would be more than happy with that thankyou!

Ursus.Maritimus said:

Isolated incedent? Only in terms of the method. Honour killing's are not uncommon. Even here in the UK Police believe we average 12 a year and there are a hundred plus unsolved murders believed to be connected to honour killings.
Honour killing is apparently much more common in Turkey than here, so no its not really an isolated case.

Ursus.Maritimus said:
It is. In fact, 'honour killings' are pretty much unique to Kurds (inc. the non-Muslim Yezidis) and some Pakistanis (inc. 'ours', mostly from Azad Kashmir).

Edit: er... and, less commonly, some Arab tribes, particularly those of Bedu origin.

Yes but Fred Wests family thought it was OK to keep people chained up in a cellar with their knee caps removed so they couldnt escape, until they were killed and placed in storage under the cellar floor. I think your real point is a wider issue about family law as being widespread in Turkey - a kind of Sharia law, perhaps. But the fact is that kind of thing is actually illegal in Turkey and the authorities took a dim view of it. And it's not so long ago that there were cannibals practicing their catering skills in the UK.

eodmatt said:
And it's not so long ago that there were cannibals practicing their catering skills in the UK.
When was that made illegal? Bastards! Middle class liberal bastards.

I bet Cherie Blair had a hand in it.