16-year-old girl lost all but two fingers - £19k Payout

Its not even so much her incident (which is sad)... Its that fecking £400k plus for RSI article again. It makes me want to set fire to my pubes and eat a window! :?

Erm, the story says that £19k (including £2.5k costs) is the amount the school has been fined. It doesn't mention anything about compensation.

"She had not received proper warning while attempting to make a sculpture of her own hands during the lesson at Giles School in Boston."

It doesn't take a Degree in rocket science to work out that sticking your hands into a bucket of stuff that will set rock hard is stupid

E

EScotia

Have a word with yourselves :x Look at the girls age, how long she will have to live with this then ask yourselves if the outrage bus should be put back in the garage :oops:

Shame on you :cry:

From the BBC

the girl had been told by her teacher to put her hands into clay to make a mould.

She was then supposed to pour the liquid plaster into the clay mould. Instead she put her hand up to the wrist into the bucket of plaster
Ok so the teacher gave the girl the right information, though not the consequences, which she choose to ignore? Looks like the fine is more for not telling the authorities as, from the sky news link:

The court heard it took six weeks for the officials to learn of the shocking incident via the girl's plastic surgeon.

Though i still cant get my head around how they couldn't get her hands out. Smash the lump of plaster off the nearest wall or send somebody to the techy department for a hammer. Break a few bones or the results seen in the pics?

Oil_Slick said:
"She had not received proper warning while attempting to make a sculpture of her own hands during the lesson at Giles School in Boston."

It doesn't take a Degree in rocket science to work out that sticking your hands into a bucket of stuff that will set rock hard is stupid
So you didn't get the "don't drink the paint" lecture then?

Pacifist_Jihadist said:
From the BBC

the girl had been told by her teacher to put her hands into clay to make a mould.

She was then supposed to pour the liquid plaster into the clay mould. Instead she put her hand up to the wrist into the bucket of plaster
Ok so the teacher gave the girl the right information, though not the consequences, which she choose to ignore? Looks like the fine is more for not telling the authorities as, from the sky news link:

The court heard it took six weeks for the officials to learn of the shocking incident via the girl's plastic surgeon.

Though i still cant get my head around how they couldn't get her hands out. Smash the lump of plaster off the nearest wall or send somebody to the techy department for a hammer. Break a few bones or the results seen in the pics?

We're dealing with teachers here, they would have to have done a health and safety assessment before using the hammer and you'd have to have been trained in using said hammer before you were allowed use it.

Oil_Slick said:
"t doesn't take a Degree in rocket science to work out that sticking your hands into a bucket of stuff that will set rock hard is stupid
No more stupid than joining the army then wondering why the **** your suddenly without arms and legs , were all guilty of stupidity at some stage in our lifes

auxie said:
Oil_Slick said:
"t doesn't take a Degree in rocket science to work out that sticking your hands into a bucket of stuff that will set rock hard is stupid
No more stupid than joining the army then wondering why the * your suddenly without arms and legs , were all guilty of stupidity at some stage in our lifes

Hi parapuke! :wave:

Latest Threads