16 ind lincoln coy the parachute regt

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by CaLLaN, Mar 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HI LADS DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO 16 IND LINCOLN COY OF THE PARACHUTE REGT TA. I SERVED IN 3 RHA BEFORE JOINING 16 IND COY. I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT WHERE/WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM, I NOW LIVE IN OZ & WONDER IF THEY HAVE ANY REUNIONS FOR I MAY ATTEND WHEN I COME OVER LATER THIS YEAR...

Edited by Mod, no names please. By all means ask for pms though. EX 16 IND LINCOLN COY LATE 70,S EARLY 80,S

2. No need to shout, even if you are an ex-gunner and a long way away!

16 (Lincoln) Coy was disbanded around 1995. About 18 months before its disbandment it was moved from Lincoln to Nottingham. In its last couple of years it provided the recce platoon and sniper platoon to 4 PARA.

IIRC it is now a platoon of 12 Coy 4PARA. Whether or not there is detachment in Nottingham or Lincoln any more you would be best advised to contact the Bn directly (details on the web somewhere).

Cheerio and sorry to be so brief,

Dread
    (ex 16 (Lincoln) Coy 4PARA, ex gunner (22 and 4RA),

3. First post and he's already SHOUTING - Shutup you'll wake the enemy.

BT.

4. Thanks for the info, helped me track a couple of lads out, sorry for the shouting but ive been in oz for years now & you know how loud the aussies are.

Regards

Callan ( Ex 16 Lincoln Coy ) :thumright:

5. hi,im an ex member of the unit and we have a reunion in nottingham around the 27th or 28th of december. Some of the guys still serve in 12coy at pudsey

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hi Howie,

Thanks for the contact, when did you serve with 16 coy, i was in around 79/80 to mid 82 when i moved to Australia, do you know any members from that time. I have just had a trip over to UK & France doing the ww2 sites, unfortunately doubt if i,ll make the december reunions.

Cheers, Steve Johnson Ex 16 (Lincoln) coy 8)

7. This years' (2013) re-union will take place in Nottingham on 28th December. Fo0r more details see the Coy website: www.16coy.co.uk