16 december....

#4
The recommencement of internecine sniping and warfare may well be one outcome of the rumoured Announcement.

I genuinely hope not, in spite of postings indicating otherwise the Heavy/Light bits actually get on pretty well, AFAIK.
 
#5
Well, no. I believe A, E, F, G and HQ LONDON coys (RGJ) will form 8th Battalion, The Light Division Regiment (whatever name they settle on).

God bless the Kings Division for that! Thanks a bunch....
 
#6
All from the public domain. What appears to be happening is:

Foot Guards may retain single Bn regiments but gain a TA Bn (in London)

Scottish Division forms a Royal Regiment of Scotland with 5 reg and 2 TA Bns.

Queens Division form a Queens Division Regiment of 5 Bns and 2 or 3 TA Bns

Kings Division form a Royal Lancashire Regiment (2 Reg, 2 TA Bns), including Northumbria and a Yorkshire Regiment (3 Reg, 2 TA Bns)

Prince of Wales Division form a Royal Welsh Regiment (2 reg, 1 TA Bns) and Mercian Regiment (2 Reg, 1 or 2 TA Bns). RGBWR and D and D go to Light Division

Light Division Form a single Light Division Regiment, with RGBWR and D and D forming 5th Bn (5 Reg and 2 TA Bns)

Paras, Gurkhas and Royal Irish are untouched.
 
E

error_unknown

Guest
#7
IOW Rifles:

A E F G HQ Coys RGJ?

Curious. A Coy is Lon Scots. There is no E Coy and HQ Coy is multi-badged.

Who cares where we go, as long as I don't end up with the northern monkeys.

Back in the early 90's everyone thought the Londons would be a guards TA Bn then. All conjecture of course.
 
#10
isleofwightrifles said:
Yorkshire Regiment (3 Reg, 2 TA Bns)

Mercian Regiment (2 Reg, 1 or 2 TA Bns).
That means EWRR and West Midland Regiments doubling in size???

or succesors to 1 + 2 Yorks, 3 WFR + 3 Staffs being reformed :D
 
#11
polar said:
isleofwightrifles said:
Yorkshire Regiment (3 Reg, 2 TA Bns)

Mercian Regiment (2 Reg, 1 or 2 TA Bns).
That means EWRR and West Midland Regiments doubling in size???

or succesors to 1 + 2 Yorks, 3 WFR + 3 Staffs being reformed :D
Or possibly WFR Coy East of England get moved from from a soon to be 3 Royal Anglian? :mrgreen:
 
#13
Part_Timer said:
Or possibly WFR Coy East of England get moved from from a soon to be 3 Royal Anglian? :mrgreen:
Bet they're looking fwd to leaving the enemy :twisted:

So we now have a TA is increasing (by 40%) thread and one stating decreasing by 40%

Doesn't the Inf have the highest number of mobilisation, so an increase would make sense
 
#14
TYNE TEES and EWRR = 4 and 5 Yorks? (In that order as GH is senior)

Elm. KCR, elm. EER and WMR = 4 and 5 Mercian?

3 PWRR and EER = 6 and 7 QUEENS DIV?
 
#15
IOW, you may be correct.
Current inf locations in the midlands were really buggered up by the last cuts (due to reg regimental politics), several areas with large & established recruiting areas were reduced to nothing or a pln. (Notts & Derbys could 10 years ago support 2 Bn's - now they just have a coy)
 
#16
Part_Timer said:
polar said:
isleofwightrifles said:
Yorkshire Regiment (3 Reg, 2 TA Bns)

Mercian Regiment (2 Reg, 1 or 2 TA Bns).
That means EWRR and West Midland Regiments doubling in size???

or succesors to 1 + 2 Yorks, 3 WFR + 3 Staffs being reformed :D
Or possibly WFR Coy East of England get moved from from a soon to be 3 Royal Anglian? :mrgreen:
The sooner we get rid of those woofufters :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: the better and the sooner we go to the 4th Bn. the better :D :D :D
 
#17
isleofwightrifles said:
TYNE TEES and EWRR = 4 and 5 Yorks? (In that order as GH is senior)

Elm. KCR, elm. EER and WMR = 4 and 5 Mercian?

3 PWRR and EER = 6 and 7 QUEENS DIV?
I think LI and RRF may have something to say about that....
 

OldSnowy

LE
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#18
polar said:
Part_Timer said:
Or possibly WFR Coy East of England get moved from from a soon to be 3 Royal Anglian? :mrgreen:
Doesn't the Inf have the highest number of mobilisation, so an increase would make sense
Err, no they don't, by a long chalk. That 'honour' goes to the Medics, followed shortly by other CS and CSS arms. Inf are way down in the proportion mobilised. Truth is, there are still too many TA Infantry Companies for theie role, due to successful lobbying a few years ago to keep 'footprints'. What we need, without reducing the TA, is to re-role many Inf Coys to CS and CSS roles (but not RLC - there are too many of them as well...)

Se ealso today's Ministerial announcement on increased call-up for TELIC 6 (Again, mainly Medics). I will link it ASAP.
 
#19
Well, RRF are apparently being ousted from Northumbria anyway. Hence the reduction of 2 RRF (as Kings Div will take its recruiting ground on the pretext of saving 3 YORKS). The knock on effect being the reduction of the Queens Div (which was the model for Jacksons New Army, and supposed to be immune) to a large Regiment.

The Light Division will become regionally recruited too, recruiting from Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Gloucestershire, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Devonshire, Dorset, Somerset, Avon and Cornwall, and assumidly abandoning its more northern outposts like Durham and the KOYLI area of Yorkshire.

It all ends up being nice and regional.
 
#20
OS,
Agreed. However, If I could do it all again, it would still be the Infantry. As far as I'm concerned, and if you're gunna do it part time, the Infantry is the only show in town. Everyhting else is worthy, but rather dull.