155 Transport Regiment RLC (V) 43 Wessex BDE

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Ralphy, Jun 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone give me any info on this unit? I heard a rumour that it is being expanded to include 2 new squadrons in Plymouth and Bodmin.
    Im an ex regular driver RCT/RLC and im thinking of joining the Plymouth based squadron.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
  2. If you pm Coax-on or Gunner REMF they should be able to tell you the info you require. Shall we say they are in the know about such things!
    I knew there was a Sqn forming in Cornwall, but I thought it was going to based out of Truro. Could be wrong?
    I think you're right about the Plymouth Sqn, I seem to remember the conversation about the need to have 383 Pet Troop based there if there's going to be a Tpt Regt in same location?
    All the best.
  3. Cheers for that mate..

383 cdo pet troop are already in Plymouth..the info i got on 155 was that they were to be a drops troop as i was told i would be able to go back to my old role. Also they wouldnt be active until early next year.

I just wondered if there was any truth in this.

Ill do a bit more digging!
  4. Ralphy I've PM'd you
  5. Hi
    155 is the reincarnation (as the result of FAS) of the Wessex Transport Regt that was disbanded some time ago. Currently it has only 1 Sqn based in Bodmin, Cornwall. The remainder of the Regiment is due to form up in Apr 09 and will have an HQ and Tpt Sqn in Plymouth and a further Sqn in Poole (Det Dorchester) providing someone can find the money to get them in. If you can train from Bodmin give them a bell 01208 72467.