150 years for fraudster???????????????????????????

#5
#6
Don't be.

One was sentenced in America and one in the UK (where no doubt a 'troubled upbringing', various 'disorders' and pathetically soft penal system etc etc all helped reduce the sentence)

msr
 
#7
#10
hurrahfortheRE said:
He's in his 70's what use is 150 years?

3 years

This guy's 38 and got a 3 year rehabilitation order for child abuse??????

I'm confused.
unfortunately one is in the US and the other one the UK. it is about time something was done about judges giving out lenient sentences. it happens too often that some child molester or other serious criminals only get a few years in jail.
 
#11
You couldn't make it up: Judge Thomas Crowther QC decided that 'complex' issues in Porter's childhood made his actions 'understandable' and sentenced him to a three-year community rehabilitation order.

msr
 
#13
msr said:
You couldn't make it up: Judge Thomas Crowther QC decided that 'complex' issues in Porter's childhood made his actions 'understandable' and sentenced him to a three-year community rehabilitation order.

msr
What a crock of sh!te!

Yes, people have bad upbringings sometimes but I believe that almost everyone at a certain point in their lives has the ability to make a choice regardless of how you was brought up as a kid. If the person is mentally able to distinguish right from wrong then they deserve to hang by the balls for touching kids, a person that was kicked the sh!t out of as a kid doesn't have to grow up to be a child/woman abuser - we all have the ability to make that choice.

Our judicial system needs to have a long hard look taken at it and not by some soft cnut in a suit, we need someone strong and willing to make unpopular decisions for the good of our country and the people in it.

Argh, hate when the "but i was touched by my dad" card is played.
 
#14
How many people have offed themselves for losing all their savings because of that guy?

He deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison, as does the other animal.
 
#15
A friend of the family is a JP, you dont want to get put in front of him as his favorite saying ' take him/her down'!

Anyway a chav recently in front of him apparently suffers from 'Middle Child Syndrome' :? , unfortunately the JP concerned is also a 'middle' child, so didn’t hold much water as a defence. :wink:
 
#16
First: I expect a lot of poor people got hurt by the fraud. Mostly because the rich give a lot to charity, particularly in the US; those donations probably drooped spectacularly when people realised that they were not a rich as they thought they were.

Second: The whole paedophile bit is an irrelevance. First 2 wrongs don't make a right and second you need an example from New York for it to be even vaguely relevant. The fact that some British judges belong in jail has nothing to do with the wisdom of this US judge.
 
#17
hurrahfortheRE said:
Has the world gone mad 150 years for stealing rich peoples money, but 3 years for being a paedo? WTF
It's the sort of sentence they hand down for torture happy home invasion types. You know routine stuff Stateside. The sentence is entirely symbolic in Madoff's case. I'd add a zero on. Large scale white collar criminals are treated far to lightly even in the US and his crime is truly spectacular.

Man's done vastly more harm than even the most industrious Industrial School kiddy fondler could dream of. Wasn't just a few hundred of his rich Jewish chums and their charities. Lots of poorer folks had their pension in schemes that bought into his scam. The long legal clusterfeck of daisy chained claims on secondary investors that will follow will take down even more. Lot of folk will spend their last years in poverty as a result. In the US that's a wicked slow death of denied health care and other more subtle humiliations.

Course the bankers and hedge fund managers that knowingly dealt with this obvious crook are near as bad. In the US system it is possible a few may do time. For most the affair has probably knocked 75 feet off their yachts which must be a terrible humiliation when sitting at port.
 
#18
Mobat said:
First: I expect a lot of poor people got hurt by the fraud. Mostly because the rich give a lot to charity, particularly in the US; those donations probably drooped spectacularly when people realised that they were not a rich as they thought they were.

Second: The whole paedophile bit is an irrelevance. First 2 wrongs don't make a right and second you need an example from New York for it to be even vaguely relevant. The fact that some British judges belong in jail has nothing to do with the wisdom of this US judge.
First: Bollox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Does daddy have a yacht?

Second: 2 wrongs DON'T make a right thats not the point.

We live in a society where if you steal from the rich you get a much higher sentence than a murderer, paedophille or rapist!

Stealing is worse than these crimes!

Paedo sentence!

Shock and horror Ebay fraudster
 

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
#19
Jord2008 said:
How many people have offed themselves for losing all their savings because of that guy?

He deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison, as does the other animal.
Wasn't there an ex Army major who killed himself after losing everything to Madoff

As to the other **** 3 years that would suit me if it was one of my kids
Because I would be stood waiting for him when he got out with a selection of tools and some fire making kit

Trust me I would get life but it would be worth it :wink:
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads