150 / 160 Pro Coy

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by crescent, Jul 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evenin' all.

Have been looking through the various RMP Regiments and Company's, and I'm stuck between two to choose as my preferred option. 150 Pro Coy and 160 Pro Coy.

Can anyone help me?

I've read the PDF's but in addition the kinds of things I want to know are;

Future planned moves, if any?
    Deployment (how often, chances for... etc)?
    Promotion prospects (I realise this is largely down to the individual)
    Retention/PVR rate

And in general what the Coy's are like to be in - e.g what the lads/lasses/officers are like, where you're based/people you're in with etc.

If anyone can help me decide, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Crescent

2. I have a relative in 150 - I'll ask him and get back to you. It has been 9 years since I served there.

3. Thanks a lot, much appreciated.

4. Was in 150 in 1972, wonder if they stil have the old morris minor travellers as duty vehicles and what was the name of the coppers wife next door who always used to be seen half naked in the window......mmmmmmmmmmm pleasant memories.

5. Why would anyone want to be posted up north, haven't you heard of that show Catterick?

6. I'm up North at the moment, it's not so bad - actually I was Staff for my old high school on that recent careers fair at Marne barracks in Catterick.

7. What's this 'preferred option' thing you speak of?

8. Why 150 or 160?

Why not go to the thick of it 110 (Sennelager) 114 (Gutersloh) guarenteed to earn your living, excellent on the piss (great mess 110 :p) getting paid loads of extra sheets for living in Germany! I dont understand why UK!!

Saying that, i wouldnt mind a UK posting at the min lol

9. Well when you join now, you can put a preffered regiment/coy.

10. You get paid extra for living in Germany?

They didn't tell me that one :twisted:

11. Is that what they told you? I'd not hang my hat on that one if I were you. To put it bluntly, you'll go where you are needed. I don't think RMP have the luxury of allowing brand new people to choose where they want to go.

DOn't let that upset you...you might end up in Germany, which is far better than Catterick or the 'shot. LOA, tax free cars and bikes, great beer, great Mess life.....if I were you, I'd be hoping for Germany. Get in whilst it is still there. WoIII is the man you need to talk to if he's out there now.

12. extra being LOA (is it still called loa?) not a great deal but enough to make a difference, seriously who "joins" the army to stay at home.

Probably a good chance of Op Tour as well, however, i think you are pretty much guarenteed that these days, iraq of afgan should be your choice

13. I put 115, 150 and NI down on my preference posting,

got sennelager first round, loved every min of it

ahh Sennelager, those were the days!

redpen'd because i'm a biff

14. So a German posting's worth considering?

I'd just heard awful things about Germany, barrack conditions etc, and was advised not to go there - though that was by one person, and she IS a royal bitch. Is there much substance in what she said?

Reason I put 150/160 was because after what I heard about Germany, I wanted the UK, and both the 150/160 locations are near to where I have family, so I thought if I was staying in the UK I might as well be near to family. Plus 150 are in 19 Light Brigade and I have family ties to it.

15. F*ck family ties.....'Paderborner Gold' mate! Two words which will change your life.