15(UK)PsyOps Group

Has anyone in the TA had any experience working with these chaps?
Do they run like a standard TA unit i.e. every Tuesday night or are they more like a CVHQ once every so often kind of affair?
I’ve emailed them but to no avail. At the moment my time difference makes it a bit of a pain to phone them.

If its the same guy I know CR hes a big timing farmer type with more kit that he knows what to do with!!

I now await incomming!!

CG *taking cover*

Cider_Glider said:
If its the same guy I know CR hes a big timing farmer type with more kit that he knows what to do with!!

I now await incomming!!

CG *taking cover*
You're pissed.

How dare you Sir!! I wish i was to be honest, im just bored and trying to type faster than my fingers can accurately achive!

CG

I've been having a look around for contact details for these guys. I can't find them on the official Army web site any more. Does anyone know if they are still going, especially with a sTAb element? I've only been able to find a couple of outdated email addresses from what look like home made TA listing web sites.

Last year, after sending in my CV and having to chase up a response several times, the Flt Lt who was supposed to be i/c recruiting told me the Group was full.

Perhaps FR20 has expanded the establishment. I know the RNR is putting people through Psyops training.

FP

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
That depends....

Last year, after sending in my CV and having to chase up a response several times, the Flt Lt who was supposed to be i/c recruiting told me the Group was full.

Perhaps FR20 has expanded the establishment. I know the RNR is putting people through Psyops training.

FP
They weren't full at all. That's how PsyOps work.

FP
Yeah I had exactly the same experience. Lots of chasing up and being passed to different people before being told they were full

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Here's a question...do(es) tactical psyops include interrogation and debrief?? Thoughts would be appreciated.

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Short answer MSR; could I ask you to expand on why you think that and/or why it is the case. I was looking at a document from the US Military that outlined EPW interrogation in a Psyops 'leaders' manual out of Fort Bragg, so it looks as if it is a consideration in the US Military. I guess what I am asking, i.e. my original question, if psyops is employed in macro tactically why isn't it (if IT isn't) employed in the micro?

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Would appreciate your input here CR if you have a moment as you are the resident Chicksander...

Because tactical debriefing is handled by a different organisation to 15 POG. I have no idea if this role is available to Reservists, nor can I be bothered to find out.