15 para

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by Zag42, Mar 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is able to help?

I have been asked to pipe at a function hosted by 4 PARA in Liverpool.

A suggestion was put to me to play some relevant music associated with 15 PARA (if there is any) for guests who used to serve with 15 PARA.

Do any of you know of any such tunes that may be associated with what was 15 PARA?

2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

My favourite was "see you, ya wee bastard"

Fair brought a tear to the eye.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Best suggestion i can give is, look at 5Alphas avatar, cos thats that might happen to you.
  4. ####15 Para did have their own Pipe Band in the 80's But I can't remember any tunes specific to the Battalion.

They wore the Mackenzie Tartan Kilt with Hunting Stewart tartan behind the capbadge.

They were bloody good......Best Flowers of the Forest i've ever heard!
  5. Cheers,

Just googled the band and may have found a contact of someone who used to be in the band.

Glad someone could help.
  6. ISTR a tune about Bonnie Mary of Argyll, but was acutely pissed at the time, as were they.
  7. You are Buffalo Bill from Maryhill, and I claim my five pounds ;)
  8. As a new member of 4 para I was informed by my SPSI that XV para were dangerous in groups of more than one. Given that you'll be in the company of pissed up members of XV para I can't think that you would have anything to worry as long as you don't fluff any notes.

P.S. If you really want to make a positive mark ask the folks in Glasgow if you can borrow Alastair Pearson's banner for your pipes.
  9. As an ex SPSI in 15 Para, I can confirm that your SPSI is telling you the truth.

The Jocks were dangerous. I would have felt sorry for the Russians, if they'd have crossed the border into Deutschland.
    • Like Like x 2