15/19H and 13/18H Reunion

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Hoochie, Jul 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Greetings to all you ex-Geordie and Yorkshire Donkey Wallopers oot there. Just to let you all know, but the trusty Evening Chronicle (Tyneside's local rag) yesterday published details of a reunion to be held for both Regiments (now joined as one in the form of the LD's) on August 10th at the:

Companion Club
    Waddington Street

Tel: 01652 656390

e-mail: trevormcdermott1944@tiscali.co.uk

Be a nice chance for people to catch up with old faces and 'Network' :wink:
  2. Hoochie

Bit far for me to travel; please pass on my best wishes -regards to all in attendance.

3. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

I was thinking the same thing Tom, especially with Wor Lass not being terribly well, and a daughter's wedding getting very close, but your excuse trumps mine big time. Lol.

At least I have a heads-up and can consider the logistics.
  4. Bloody hell boggles I would'nt fancy having you as a father in law.....!!!!!!
  5. AlienFTM

Maybe so, bonny lad, but I remember at your wedding you had some very tasty in-laws in the next room in the hotel you put me in. Welsh as well, isn't it?

The IIRC daughter must now be as old as her mother was then.
  6. Aaahhh!!!! that would be my ex brother in law Mr Jones from the valleys, ex heavyweight champ for the Royal Welch.I've often wondered how it is that the resulting sprog licks windows and has a fondness for balloons!!!
  7. Ello everyone, I just got the chance to get back on here, been busy, busy, busy moving to sunny Gutersloh, even got a Qtr to live in now so no driving from bloody Sennelager. How did the function go, well I hope.
  8. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

It's only the 21st - the bacon rolls I knew would still be in the bar :D
  9. AlienFTM

Flashback to 15/19H, Christmas 1981.

A month earlier I had gone down with gut-rot and blue-lighted to the local Krankenhaus. After a handful of days I sprung meself because German bland food was even worse than English bland food and I couldn't hack it. I was put on copious amounts of Gaviscon, which was new in those days and seen as the panacea to all visceral ills.

There was the usual Christmas bunfight in the squadron bar in the attic above the B Sqn accommodation block, which came and went, but without me cos me guts were still rotten.

During the week between Christmas and New Year, it far too cold to waste time down the hangars, so the whole squadron hung around in the lecture room in the squadron offices. Eventually the SSM got fed up of a whole squadron lurking in his offices, so he set us the task of clearing up the room off the squadron bar where the obligatory curry had been served on Christmas Eve, which he'd noticed hadn't been cleaned yet.

We all stormed in and immediately we all noticed that, even for single accommodation, the room was unusually warm. First person to the urn containing the curry got a surprise when he found that, even though it was resting on a 4"6" standard table, it was warm, almost hot, even after a handful of days. He removed the lid and we were all surprised to find the curry was bubbling. Seemed it had started to ferment.

I reached for me packet of Gaviscon and left them to it.
  10. just come across a pic of myself and the late spenna, dunno if pics are allowed, i will remove it immediately if required to...1988 i think

11. Anyone make it into the Renunion, I got dragged into fek'n work as my gaffer went sick, lame and lazy on me - missed the whole gig!

Is that A Sqn Spenner? I'm sure one of his wagons ended up sat in the middle of the North Star pub on Lemgoer Starsse in Detmold one year? If it was not one of his troop he was certainly one of the 1st on the scene, or have the years of yellow hand bags and Paderborner finally taken their toll on the grey matter!!!

It may have just been an urban myth also - I really can't remember.
  12. I don't know if it was Spennas troop, but the tank was in the north star and it was A sqn, D sqn went oot berfore them. I think it was on Active Edge on the way upto Stapel. I had Spennas lad in my troop for a couple of years, bloody good CVR gunner, now got his own command
  13. Yes, spenna was commanding, i was in the loaders side, cant remember the driver, i had the newspaper clippings somewhere, bugga if i can find them. Still made it down to the trains to go on exercise :( , the scoffold was still up around the north star after we got back from exercise, that was 6 weeks later, jorman workers eh :oops:

Funny thing is, i was in a similar predicament in cyprus one year, in episkopi, dan isles was driving, i was in the top (6 wheeled vehicle, 76 inch gun) and dan put it through the front of an office on the parade ground.
  14. Impressive! :D
  15. pmsl, yeah that would be big wouldnt it lol, you could take out a town with one of those rounds :D

saladin 76mm , thats what im thinking of :oops: