Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by goldwingtaffy, Dec 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [align=justify]Hi Folks, :roll: :roll:

Pls 4give me if this get's little long winded will keep it short as poss.

My name is Steve "TAFFY" Horvath / left Royal Army Medical Corps (RAMC) in '91. In Jan '05 became ill, diagnosed in Sept '05 with chronic PTSD 23yrs after the main event that has caused it.. Having researched it I've been informed cannot be cured at this late stage so stuck with it 4 life, just not going to let it kill me but kick it *********** and manage it (Somehow)

Please visit my fundraising page and sponsor my walk in aid of Combat Stress:-

Goldwingtaffy / Steve "TAFFY" Horvath or just Taffy for short.

Steve "TAFFY" Horvath
    Email:- SLH1810 @ TISCALI.CO.UK
    Tel: 01603 716778
    Yesterday is history / Tomorrow is another day
    Today is the present / Present is being alive today!!!
  2. Good Luck Steve with this epic walk, hopefully the ARRSE MODs will put your Charity Event as a sticky in the Charities Page, you should get yourself a donation page to make it easier, here is an excellent one:

The Lemon Squeazy way to create a Fun Fund Raising Page

Hope that helps, its very easy and would be ideal probably?!
  3. Hi Gandulph,

Thanks for the support and link.

I received a message from the Mods, they will be making my post a sticky.

Keep the support coming and pass on to anyone you know.

Regards & thanks
  4. Good luck Taff, does combat stress have a fund raising website ?
  5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

6. Good luck mate with both the walk and your treatment.

Have you posted this on any other military site's?

7. Hi Sluice dweller,

Ta 4 support mate. I've put it on Forces reunited but had my nuts chewed off by the mods coz I put it in every forum. I was then asked why I put it in the RAF Searching forum. Appears that certain people on FR couldn't understand that someone looking in "Searching For RAF Friends" may not look in the Army section. So there was a bit of a falling out with the mods on FR who have threatened to delete my post if I don't put it in the category they stipulate. So much for freedom of speech eh.

Should have taken Rosie's advice at the Combat Stress Fundraising Dept and come here first. Now that I have I'm so glad I took her advice as I've had more support here in the first 24hr period than I got in over five weeks on FR.

As yet not put it on other sites, have got a few lined up but need as much help as poss with a wide variety of sites. Any ideas most welcome.

8. Have you tried contacting soldier?
  9. Hi Goku,

Yes I have mate. But before I can go ahead with the major fundraising and media campaign I have to wait and see how my proposal goes with the trustees of Combat Stress. Am hoping to hear from them in the very near future.

10. Hey Taff when you get down South if you want a walking mate count me in ok Good luck Fella.
  11. MS164,

Hi mate, will do. Thanks for the support, will keep you in the loop and let you know when route has been finalised.

12. Taffy,

Good luck with your challenge both personally and physically.

I look foreward to keeping upto date with your endeavors.

13. Hi Sparky,

Thanx m8, will keep you informed of sit reps etc.

14. Hey Taffy, all the very very best mate with what you are doing.

Vik xx
  15. Hi Vik,

Thanks for the support, will keep you in loop and update on progress.

Re YRF, have visited and tried to register, however, got error message at "Finish" page stating "There was a problem with the database".

Pls help if you can with registration.

Look forward to reaching the "Arse end of Scotland" for a beer and curry if your available.

Regards, love and best wishes