148 Bty

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Albertous, Jul 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just heard that the rumour doing the rounds at the Dell today is 148 are being disbanded. Sad news if true.

2. Same rumour has reached me in the Big Smoke!

3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

29 are to lose more than 148, I think from this open letter they are set to lose a gun battery as well:

4. I've heard that the Bty might be going but that the capability (an FST or two...) will stay. It's a bit of moving deckchairs around. And Carter saying to the Navy/RM "If you think this is so useful then you can find the PIDs."

5. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

I suspect your right & no doubt there will be lots of tales about it all at the Citadel this coming weekend.
    Doing away with the battery & moving FSTs into HQ battery would save on a BC, BK, BSM, BQMS & MT Sgt.

6. I wont be able to make the families day this weekend due to imminent move so will miss the direct rumours but getting it second hand from Albertous Junior. Biggest duty rumour is not only the loss of one gun battery but that the FST/NGSs from 148 will be dispersed around the remaining batteries. All rumour mind and given that Juniors bty can only crew 2 guns, 3 at a push any changes in strength can be absorded relatively painlessly by the junior ranks as the CO alluded to, it will be the hierarchy that are cut from the disbanded battery(ies).

That said watch the number of signing offs after the Olympics warning order and possibly 2 months in tents/a sports hall somewhere working stupid hours to save G4S' arrse. That should thin out the junior ranks even more!

7. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

I'll be there this weekend Albertous, my problem will be trying to remember everything I'll be told through the alcoholic haze. :)

8. Wish I was joining you OB but as said I move the weekend after so cant really justify the 600 mile plus round trip. It should be a good day plus the parade/church service on Sunday. Many a sore head in church me things.