148 Bty aptitude (RN)

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by A_Matelot, Aug 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know what the navy altitude down at 148 entails? I have the basics, in the way of phys, requirements but was hoping for somewhat of a heads up.

Cheers

2. It pretty hard, I know of a couple of Navy blokes who did it. Its the same as 29's beat up basically. So climb rope, do lots of pull ups etc.

3. Poole, United Kingdom is located at 50.7167 [latitude in decimal degrees], -2.0 [longitude in decimal degrees] at an elevation/altitude of meters. The average elevation of Poole, United Kingdom is 1 meters.

Does that help ?

Why are you interested in the height above sea level of a unit that about to be disbanded anyway ?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Autocorrect is a ****

• Like Like x 2
  5. As Wellyhead points out - they're about to be consigned to "le livre de histoire" as they may say in a bad French lesson. Whether there will still be a specific NGS element to 29, or whether they'll "make do", is probably not decided yet.

6. Thanks, but that's not what I'm after. I'm well aware that they're due to go, but that's irrelevant at the minute. I'm still doing the aptitude, and I'd quite like to know what it involves so I can start preparing as the guy I've been in contact with Is out off office.

7. what exactly is '148 Bty'?

8. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

A Naval Gunfire Support Battery from 29 (Commando) Regiment Royal Artillery.

It is about to go the way of all things SDSR.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ring them - there's a PO and CPO down there who are mega-friendly, won't dick you around and you'll get gen info, not 2nd hand stuff.

10. I have a mate there, I'll ask him.

11. Apparently you complete your fitness tests, volunteer, some signals aptitude and go. At some point I guess you're loaded onto AACC.

12. There's quite a long article in this month's dockyard dandy, including a breakdown of aptitude and contact numbers.

13. Alfred, do you mean the navy news, I would be interested in reading it.

14. ye - get thee down to w h smiths or on the interwebz.....

15. Thank you Alfred.