14 weeks- whats new?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Franz, Aug 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Howdo,

There must be some blokes on here who work on recruit training. What's changed from the older 12 weeks of training to the new 14. Is it simply a slower build up than before for us weaker generation (ha)? Or is anything new in there? I ask as the army website seems to have failed again to keep pace with the changes.

Ps I know this was asked earlier in the forum but the answers seemed to be guesswork from recruits who hadn't actually started yet. Not vital for me I know but it helps keep the interest up.
    Cheers.

2. I'm almost 100% sure that there is some kind of adventure training, although not for 2 weeks! Think there is extra PT too.

3. Oh good. I do love PT.

Seriously though, adventure training, now that has got my attention. If those are the only differences then I imagine the PT's the important part, as much as I'd like to think that they just want us to have fun.

Cheers

4. They go on a battle field tour...

5. Older 12 weeks of training? What happend to the older 10 weeks??

Wait out....... for the old feckers.....

When I was a lad, basic was............................

6. The reason they have made it longer is so recruits have longer time to take in all the information . Nothing changed

7. Right, its not a weak playstation generation, its just that were that much thicker. Sounds like it'll suit me.

Cheers
    Franz

8. [/quote]Right, its not a weak playstation generation, its just that were that much thicker. Sounds like it'll suit me.

Cheers
    Franz[/quote] It's probably a bit of both !