14 Sigs

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by _Ashlee_, Aug 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hiya im currently in Phase 2 & just found out that im off to 14 sigs.. Anyone up there now that can fill me in on what to expect.. eg am i going to get abused for being a clerk?

2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

You would get abused for being a clerk wherever you went, don't worry at least the local sheep are friendly.

3. Haha, cheers

4. 14 Sigs, like every post will be what you make it.

Yes it is at the back end of the universe, but the countryside around there is some of the most beautiful in the world.

Every time I had a lousy day I would jump in my car and 20 mins later I would be at Whitesands bay looking over a beautiful beach - then a quick run up Carn Llidi (described in trail magazine as Tryfans' little brother) and sit on the summit looking out over the Irish sea whilst the wild horses grazed on the slopes below me - a moment of tranquility brings a smile after even the worst day - then stop off for an ice cream on the way back through St Davids.

Newgale beach (about 3 mins drive!) is a fantastic surfing beach, the campsite attached to it is usually packed during the summer so it must be half decent.

Haverfordwest is, to be honest, slightly parochial (excuse spelling) but I have seen more insular places.

You do need a car to be honest - if you haven't passed your test yet, I would suggest pulling your finger out and start saving for a motor. However you should be able to scrounge a lift.

The work itself should be fairly busy, although as with alot of units it may be quiet do to our current tempo.

Yes it can be rubbish - and alot of people will say so, but if you are willing to put a bit of effort in, then you will get alot out of it. I know some people who thought that Cyprus was rubbish - mainly because they spent most of the time on their PS

5. Cheers for that, im just dreading it a bit because its my first posting, so i have no idea what to expect!

Yeah im from Wales & ive been up that way it is beautiful like.

I havent passed driving test but they are putting us through it up in Worthy Down after the course has finshed, so they say!

Well to be honest Worthy Down, is an awful camp, again in the middle of nowhere, has no facilities what so ever! At least when i get to my unit i'll fingers crossed have a car and take a 2 hour drive home if its that bad!

6. Having been posted to both W'Down and 14 Sigs I know where I'd rather be, and in fact was there this morning. Haverfordwest is currently full of dopey tourists, but was looking good in the summer sun, though given that I have just been back from sandy parts a few days anywhere would look good.

Enjoy your tour in 14. The work is good and the location is good too (especially once Weatherspoons opens in a couple of months)

7. Closer to the USA than it is to London :)))

8. [quote)
    especially once Weatherspoons opens in a couple of months)
    [/quote]

Is this finally going to happen mate? This has been talked about on both my tours there, with very little movement from the council.