14 Sigs Snide file

badegg said:
I served with 14 Sig Regt 88-89, and one thing that I remember is the snide file, kept in the set room at Langeleben. It was full of highly amusing/libellous cartoons etc. :lol: Can anyone else remember this, and is it continued?
Yes, I remember it well - and the T'Berg version a hundred or so miles to the East.

No idea whether the tradition continues.

GIAO, Sadly the tradition no longer continues, mumblings of bullying, bad for security, that sort of thing.

If you thought the Langy snide books were something to behold, you should have seen the 9SR VX ops
specials from 93-95. Took more than a mid shift to get through, and a surgical truss was required to keep your
ribs in place.

Happy memories....

Perevodchik wrote, GIAO, Sadly the tradition no longer continues, mumblings of bullying, bad for security, that sort of thing.

Those books were class, the ones i saw in T'Berg, Birgelen and Echo/Romeo Troop were pure fun and yes it was snidey, is that a real word?., but they were great to read and in a funny way built up team spirit, wonder where they ended their days?

they should have been sent to the museum put in a cabinet and a page turned every day.

badegg said:
I served with 14 Sig Regt 88-89, and one thing that I remember is the snide file, kept in the set room at Langeleben. It was full of highly amusing/libellous cartoons etc. :lol: Can anyone else remember this, and is it continued?
I remember it well.........we must know each other. I remember old soviet military magazines with funny captions pencilled in on the pictures, one springs to mind. Picture of Soviet LAD with a Sov VM working on the tank with a spanner, little bubble drawn above his head saying ' mmm I'll easy this for my tank'.

Some of the cartoons were absolutely fantastic.

Howay_the_Lads said:
badegg said:
I remember it well.........we must know each other. I remember old soviet military magazines with funny captions pencilled in on the pictures, one springs to mind. Picture of Soviet LAD with a Sov VM working on the tank with a spanner, little bubble drawn above his head saying ' mmm I'll easy this for my tank'.

Some of the cartoons were absolutely fantastic.
Sounds like we all intersected. The glory days of 1 (BR) Corps!

Nice one HtL, I'd forgotten about that one. Sheer genius.

The best ones where were they'd done anagrams of people's names. Len P Stoat still
sends me into a wrinkle.

Macattack, good album cover for the avatar mate, there can't be many of us still about.

I can confirm that 225 did indeed have a very good chunder book.....Unfortunately, I had the dubious pleasure of shredding it last week as part of the drawdown of the Sqn....Funnily enough, I was also the last entry in it....It was a malicious slur!

badegg said:
I remember featuring in the Langy snide file, and also the 9 Sigs Vx Op file as one of the Cyprus 6 :eek:)

Happy days!

mac_at_14 said:
badegg said:
I served with 14 Sig Regt 88-89, and one thing that I remember is the snide file, kept in the set room at Langeleben. It was full of highly amusing/libellous cartoons etc. lol Can anyone else remember this, and is it continued?
I remember featuring in the Langy snide file, and also the 9 Sigs Vx Op file as one of the Cyprus 6 o)

Happy days!
I was in 14 Sigs / Celle and Langy between 85 - 88 (LCpl/Cpl) then 9 Sigs fm 90 - 93 (Cpl/Sgt) - and the Snide books kept us sane during the 24 hr shift stints as a vx op at Langy!! U gave and took - It was all dun in good spirit - looking back it seems like yesterday! Best wishes to all that know me ! Times have definatley change and I don't think you could get away with it now lol !!!!

mac_at_14 said:
badegg said:
I remember featuring in the Langy snide file, and also the 9 Sigs Vx Op file as one of the Cyprus 6 :eek:)

Happy days!
Cyprus 6? please expand I am intrigued.

RADAR752 said:
Cyprus 6 ??

DH
TUFFY and 4 others ???

Thought it was 3 others ??

Keep your head down. Nothing that`s in a Schnide book can be proven...
Jock, Ginge, Toota, Andy, Scott and Mac IIRC. The rest of us followed about 6 months later. Best EWOp work I ever did.

Jock going on shift like he was stagging on, smock, bergan (only ever contained 200 Embassy blue), toota permanently on extras. Thought Ed was one of the originals?

They also had their own car "reggie Krayfish", white vauxhall chevette estate with UN sitckers on the doors, fake arm hanging out the bonnet, obligatory dented roof from surfing around Napa and some bench seats in the back

Latest Threads