14 Sig Regt - Move from Celle to Osnabruck?

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by BibbyBear, May 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wonder if anyone can help me fill in the gaps for an official form I need to complete for a USA visa.

Back in the early 90's, I moved to 14 Sig Regt in Celle as a wife-of and shortly thereafter (about 6 weeks) my ex-husband was sent on a detachment and we were quartered in Wolfenbuttel with the QDG's.

We then moved back to Celle (I'm not 100% sure of that date, but I can have a reasonable guess at early '91, just after he'd served in The Gulf) but then the whole regiment moved from Celle to Osnabruck.

I have spoken with my ex, but like me, the dates are vague at best.

Does anyone know, or can point me in the right direction for getting the month and year that the regiment moved to Osnabruck?

The information I put on the Visa application has to be accurate (at least within a month or so) as I'm sure the Embassy knows this information before I even return the form and if I get anything wrong, they may assume that I am being fraudulent - which is the last thing I want.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

2. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Brilliant. Now I just need to find out when we left Osnabruck and moved to RAF Digby (all I know is that it was just after they started taking the Army in there.... he was one of the first Army to arrive on site!)

I really appreciate your help.... one down, several more dates to go :)
  3. 399SU at RAF Digby changed its name to JSSU Digby in 1998 but Army personnel were there before then.
  4. Yeah, he was one of the first Army personnel there and I'm sure it was sometime in 1994, I'm just not sure of the month. But thanks again for all your help, it has bridged a gap and is making it slightly easier to get the other date before and after :)